SVT Detectives Question

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
This is good advice. It's common knowledge that Apple's AirTags are being used to track motorists. The bad guy attaches the AirTag to the vehicle in a spot not easily detected and then they just wait until the vehicle leads them to your home. Obviously these could also be used to harass someone because they can be sitting at a spot on a route you take, monitoring where your vehicle is and just wait for you to pass. Changing your route would spoil their intentions, of course. So definitely check your vehicle for an AirTag or similar. This is not likely to be the case here, but still worth checking.

Also, you want to keep filming these encounters and saving them on your computer, because depending on their nature, you would have a definite case for harassment, and the driver could be arrested.

there are now apps from apple (iPhone and Android) that can check for air tags due to this.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
This is good advice. It's common knowledge that Apple's AirTags are being used to track motorists. The bad guy attaches the AirTag to the vehicle in a spot not easily detected and then they just wait until the vehicle leads them to your home. Obviously these could also be used to harass someone because they can be sitting at a spot on a route you take, monitoring where your vehicle is and just wait for you to pass. Changing your route would spoil their intentions, of course. So definitely check your vehicle for an AirTag or similar. This is not likely to be the case here, but still worth checking.

Also, you want to keep filming these encounters and saving them on your computer, because depending on their nature, you would have a definite case for harassment, and the driver could be arrested.
Good news if you're an Android user, they CANNOT track the air tag as you need a nearby Apple device to be connected to a network. No one in my household has an Apple device.

Bad news? Neighbors or people around us might.....

VegasMichael

Established Member
Please quantify "multiple".

It might be someone who you unknowingly pissed off on the road at an earlier time. Cut them off, tailgated, drove too slow in front of them, etc. Some people just can't get over minor road incidents and have to "pay back" that person.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe you guys just share the same commute home, and happen to like to drive the same speed? lol

Zemedici

Established Member
how many times has this happened?

Did they try to swerve into you?

am i missing something here?

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Im pretty certain that you can google the plate info if you try hard enough…

also, since you carry, i would suggest to have that burner ready to rock and roll. None of this needing to rack the slide or overly complicated storage…. Be ready….
I was looking at the online plate searches but they all want my cc info and I am not sure how reliable the results will be or how my card info may be used/stored.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
how many times has this happened?

Did they try to swerve into you?

am i missing something here?
This has happened four times now. They never swerve or brake check, however I would consider their behavior harassing and it's getting old.

The first encounter consisted of them speeding up to pass me and cut me off as the lane merged in a construction zone, proceeding by them slowing down. They probably did not care for me riding them (they put themselves in that position) and it also probably didn't sit well that we share a 15 minute stretch of travel time together (with multiple exits) and it could have appeared I was initially following them.

I did file a report with two separate county Sheriff offices last night.

Zemedici

Established Member
This has happened four times now. They never swerve or brake check, however I would consider their behavior harassing and it's getting old.

The first encounter consisted of them speeding up to pass me and cut me off as the lane merged in a construction zone, proceeding by them slowing down. They probably did not care for me riding them (they put themselves in that position) and it also probably didn't sit well that we share a 15 minute stretch of travel time together (with multiple exits) and it could have appeared I was initially following them.

I did file a report with two separate county Sheriff offices last night.

Good call on police report, could 'follow up' with the video, to check status on it too.

Let us know, brother, stay safe out there.

RioRed97SVT

Established Member
I was looking at the online plate searches but they all want my cc info and I am not sure how reliable the results will be or how my card info may be used/stored.
If you have a Capital One card, you can use their Virtual Card number service, that way your actual card number wont be stored the website..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

you might give a pre paid visa card a try…

phils04gt

Established Member
My deputy chief was fired for running plates/crim history unrelated to work. Monthly audit caught it when it was found to be attached to made up incident report numbers. She went bye bye.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm starting to think you're overreacting.
I read his explanation to what defines "multiple times". 4 times? I'm thinking overreacting as well. So it sounds like the initial sheriff report was filed after the second incident? The first incident was a minor road rage incident from the description. And last night you filed two reports with two different sheriff offices?

@MaximumSVT, consider this, too. The other driver might be accusing you of the very thing you're accusing them of, thinking you're tracking/harassing them. Let it go. Modify your route for awhile and let the dust settle in your head and maybe in the other driver's head. Then go about normal commuting.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
7476e225-3a58-461a-8d60-be54ed7f933f_text.gif

quad

Established Member
So there is this SUV that I have now had multiple encounters with on my way home from work. They will pull up next to me and maintain my speed or pull in front of me and slow down. I got to the point where I called my local sheriff's dept tonight to report their behavior before this escalates. Legally they can not tell me who the vehicle is registered to, however I am curious if (very slim chance) it turns out to be someone I know messing around. It is getting dark when I leave and cannot see the driver. Wanted to know if anyone could provide me with more information through a PM if I provide the license plate number. I believe I can submit a request through the WI dmv but that could take 60+ days.
Start following the SUV. Pull up and maintain the same speed. Or pull in front of the SUV and slow down. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread