SVT Cobra VIN Decoder

mach1

Established Member
I need your help. I am working out the bugs in a SVT Cobra VIN decoder. If you have a minute or two, stop by and make sure the numbers come out right for you. I have beaten it up good but there's always something.

Let me know your questions and comments. Thanks in advance.

http://www.svtcobraguide.com/svtid.htm

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The VIN part worked pretty good. Was it supposed to pull up exterior and interior colors as well? It didn't do that on mine.

mach1

Established Member
Well yes and no. It will translate interior trim and paint codes but you have to enter them. :) Maybe I should make that clearer...you have to specify the codes. Interior and Paint aren't specified in the VIN. Get the codes off your door tag and it will tell you how many of your car was made with that combination of colors.

Thanks for the feedback.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I haven't tried the color and trim codes, but it did decipher my '98 correctly except Body Style is listed as "1999-2001 Coupe"...I'd say 1994-1998 Coupe, would be more accurate.

Overall, very slick! :-D

mach1

Established Member
Thats odd. :)

Is the middle part of your VIN "P42V"? Double check it because I do a VIN from each model year in my test suite and it comes out right. If it happens again PM me your VIN so I can test with it.

Thanks for the heads up and let me know

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by mach1
Thats odd. :)

Is the middle part of your VIN "P42V"? Double check it because I do a VIN from each model year in my test suite and it comes out right. If it happens again PM me your VIN so I can test with it.

Thanks for the heads up and let me know
The middle part reads "P47V" (on my SVT cert. and VIN plate) and my car was born on November 4th, 1997 (#871/5174). HTH

mach1

Established Member
"Well Smithers, I believe I owe you a Coke." - Monty Burns

Well try as hard as I might, I cannot change your VIN. :) And upon further inspection I made a booboo.:cuss: Thanks very much for catching my blunder and I will be changing it to be correct.

Looks like I came to the right place for a trial run. Thanks for the heads up.

Any others?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by mach1
Looks like I came to the right place for a trial run. Thanks for the heads up.
That's what we're here for! I think your decoder is, to steal another member's tag line...GR8! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread