SVE Wheels Question

PhaidOut

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I have been looking at a set of SVE wheels from LMR for a while now for my Cobra. I don't seem to get a straight answer on the lugs though. They "recommend" you run the spline drive lug nuts on them and won't warranty for damage if you run regular lugs (don't mention if the lug nuts will damage them). I for one hate spline drive nuts and that to me isn't a straight answer. They say they have narrow openings. What is the dimension? Is the socket the issue, the lug nut or both?
  1. Does anyone have a set?
  2. What lug nuts are you using?
  3. Do stock ones fit them?
Debating about buying them or just saving another month and getting some better wheels.

Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i have the series 2 on my mach, the stock/stock style lugs fit but its super tight clearance on the socket. The socket fits and doesnt bind up or anything but pretty difficult not to mess up the finish a bit (would have to keep it dead straight). Personally I dont care, thats why I bought sve and not the real deal. If you're not down there looking it's not obvious

PhaidOut

Established Member
Thanks! I appreciate that and it's what I suspected. I have some after market lug nuts sold for our cars that are slightly smaller in diameter (same thread). I am thinking those would work fine.

LS WUT

Established Member
As DSG stated I have the SVE Series 3 wheels on my cars. They’re snug but by no means not useable. When installing and taking them off just be careful. I tend to use a rubber attachment on my sockets but it doesn’t clear on these. So I just make sure I’m dead on and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread