SVE springs installed with SVE drifts.

chancejat

Established Member
Just recently installed 19X9.5 SVE drifts with 275/35/19 nt555(not r's) all around. Car originally had 18's. The new setup caused an even greater and more noticeable gap between the fender and tire. I checked around and noticed very few people have tried the sve springs so i figured id be a guinea pig. im very happy with the drop, i didnt want to go too low(sportlines) due to the giant speed bump i have to go over at my job every day. ride is very stock like. the only difference i notice is going over big humps in the road, little bumps are pretty much the same as stock. i got some crappy pics with my phone and cheap camera. hopefully there good enough for everyone to get an idea of how they look. keep in mind that the new tire set up is shorter then any stock rim/tire combo you can get, so that caused at least half an inch more gap then stock.

BEFORE
20140119_092911_zps89b10ba9.jpg

AFTER
DSCN0234_zpsb1b720e2.jpg

DSCN0235_zps641e3526.jpg

DSCN0236_zps36c725e2.jpg

DSCN0240_zps91f7d671.jpg

DSCN0239_zps41825b02.jpg

DSCN0238_zpsa0ca7671.jpg

DSCN0232_zps065e300c.jpg

DSCN0231_zps3d2af62b.jpg

sinistr302

Established Member
got the exact same wheel and tire setup, just waiting for spring to install bmr springs. :pepper:

chancejat

Established Member
I know it's still cold but how do you like the nt555?

i havent had too many opportunities to go wot but a week ago it was high 50's and they hooked from a stop, they did spin from a low roll when the auto transmission drops to first....but far better then the stock perellis, they would just light up in first gear and the second gear shift caused excessive spin most the time....car is bama tuned.

chancejat

Established Member
dropped a solid 1.5...front maybe 1.1...should settle down another 1/4 inch...

mystickb1996

Established Member
tell me about it, its a magnaflow street series axle back, looks like shit.. im gunna have to have it cut and have the tips pulled in.. also you planning on tinting yours out? tint defiantly finishes the look off.. unless your state doesn't allow it?
btw your tips sit perfect what axle back you running?
nice.... but mines better....haha...for real though your pipes are poking out a little too much...

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
tell me about it, its a magnaflow street series axle back, looks like shit.. im gunna have to have it cut and have the tips pulled in.. also you planning on tinting yours out? tint defiantly finishes the look off.. unless your state doesn't allow it?
btw your tips sit perfect what axle back you running?

I had to take a half inch off of my over axle pipes to get the gt500 tips in a bit so its not just the magnaflow setup.

im digging the car and I like the running pony center caps on the drifts. The only thing id recommend is getting black lug nuts for the wheels as they stand out on a black rim.

sundaze

Established Member
I'm digging your set-up.
I talked to someone at LMR and they said the running pony center caps would not work.
Glad to see they do!! Did you need to mod the center caps?

I've got a set of drifts being installed on wednesday with conti extrem dw 275/40-r19 and steeda ultralites

J_C

Established Member
Looks absolutely perfect! Common or not I still believe the drifts are one of the best looking wheels out for the money! !

spike_africa

Established Member
I have the SVE springs on my 02 GT. In the box it came with Eibach Prokit instructions. So its like getting a nice kit for much cheaper. Good deal!

Users who are viewing this thread