SVB is Now In the Hands of the FDIC

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
There IS… but it’s not like you think and it’s rather complex. Not saying you wouldn’t get it but there is a lot of disinformation and propaganda out there about Regulated and DeRegulated Utility markets.
Sure up the pipeline there may be, but not at the end user level. I have one option for my house and in fact I am pretty sure I would not get a certificate of occupancy without this service.

VegasMichael

Established Member
OSHA tried to jab me with an experimental vaccine.

My Union Brothers and I standing firm held off them and the company till the SCOTUS made the right call.

Union leadership was NOT on our side.. go figure.

The boys at my previous plant which is/was non-union…. Not so lucky.

In my 40+ years on this planet I’ve realized a few things and one of them is that Regulation is needed but must be restrained in order to allow the free market to do its thing…

I would suspect it’s like that in most areas.
Wasn't aware that OSHA was involved in forcing people to take a vaccine. I wasn't required to get one as long as I agreed to be randomly tested.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Sure up the pipeline there may be, but not at the end user level. I have one option for my house and in fact I am pretty sure I would not get a certificate of occupancy without this service.

Depending on what state you’re in, you can choose your utility provider or you can’t…. Again, it’s complex and I don’t want to hijack the thread…

Tezz500

Established Member
Wasn't aware that OSHA was involved in forcing people to take a vaccine. I wasn't required to get one as long as I agreed to be randomly tested.

Big Utilities were being “forced” to jab their employees. Accommodations were being looked into for testing but it would be at your expense.

Regardless, tyranny at its finest.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Depending on what state you’re in, you can choose your utility provider or you can’t…. Again, it’s complex and I don’t want to hijack the thread…
Me either. But that is interesting as I had no idea and have never had the option in states I have lived.

Tezz500

Established Member
Me either. But that is interesting as I had no idea and have never had the option in states I have lived.

Regulated vs Deregulated markets.

Here’s the catch…

Either way, you’re still paying the local utility for transmission as they own the lines, poles, transformers, substations etc.

If you wanna know how well deregulation works in the utilities….

Then:

“California was the first state in the country to introduce deregulated energy in 1996.”

Now:

“California Asks Residents to Avoid Charging Electric Cars Amid Power Grid Strain”

View attachment 1785156

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't worry guys, Yellen speaking before Congress should solve everything

That was then

This is now

We are so ****ed

Tezz500

Established Member
That was then

This is now

We are so ****ed

I’m gonna say it.

The 19th amendment was a mistake.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
We are the government and we are here to save you.

Regulated vs Deregulated markets.

Here’s the catch…

Either way, you’re still paying the local utility for transmission as they own the lines, poles, transformers, substations etc.

If you wanna know how well deregulation works in the utilities….

Then:

“California was the first state in the country to introduce deregulated energy in 1996.”

Now:

“California Asks Residents to Avoid Charging Electric Cars Amid Power Grid Strain”

View attachment 1785156
C. S. Lewis summed it up best, at least in its purest form.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
C. S. Lewis

But I must admit this was before government and businesses/businessmen became so entangled that they are nearly the 4th branch of government and semingly never run out of bad ideas as they all have grand scemes that'd make a bond Villan seem almost pedestrian.

VegasMichael

Established Member
FRBs rescue lasted all of a day
Credit Suisse is tanking too. That 54 billion dollar lifeline really inspired confidence. Haha

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
CC2EB2C2-D2ED-47D7-8475-C274D303635E.jpeg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Is his quote fair or foul? @Klaus

J.P. Morgan keeps First Republic as top pick among small-, mid-cap banks

FRC -24.72%Mar. 17, 2023 1:26 PM ET5 Comments

J.P. Morgan analyst Steven Alexopoulos not only maintained his Overweight rating on First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC) after a group of the U.S.'s largest banks agreed to place $30B of uninsured deposits at the struggling lender but keeps FRC his top pick among small- and mid-cap banks.
"With the shares trading well below TBV (and well below 'burn-down' TBV for unrealized HTM losses), we see this as a higher risk but potentially very high reward name," Alexopoulos wrote in a note to clients.

Users who are viewing this thread