Suspension

03cobra#116

Established Member
My '03 Cobra Convertible with 103k miles rides rougher than it did back when it was young. What do y'all recommend to bring it back? I like a comfortable ride, and I do love the way the Cobra stays flat around curves.

By the way, I just had a Centerforce Dyad clutch put in, and the pedal pressure is a lot lighter.

bubblehead93

Established Member
odds are your struts and shocks are shot... when you go over speed bumps, is it harsh and does the suspension bounce 2-3 times before it dampens out... if so AND you were happy with it before (when it was young), then just get some Bilstein HDs, it is an affordable upgrade to your current shocks/struts... if you are near a bilstein service center, they could rebuild your existing Bilsteins to HD specs as well, even custom valve them... sounds like you have a nice stock cruiser, based on your end use, recommend just the above... if you like to romp on it once in a while and experience wheel hop, then either a Maximum Motorsports or Full Tilt Boogie rear differential and suspension setup would be good, though on street tires on the street at stock power levels your not likely to break a half-shaft, the improvement in romping on it (i.e. no wheel hop) will make it worth your while... hope that helps...

r/
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread