Suspension upgrades ?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Has anyone done any suspension mods to thier R's? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been doing a little checking on doing some improving the 01 Cobra suspension, and it doesn't really seem that the Bilstien shocks we have are all that special. I have been told to seriously consider Koni's. Isn't that what is on the 95 R's??

I sure would appreciate you comments.

Brian

kevin

brian, haven't considered anythin for my car. two reasons, race rules, but 2. when i can easily keep up with someone in an earlier stang with koni's, full griggs, etc. why should i bother. my bet is you haven't taken you r's to the limit yet.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
. my bet is you haven't taken you r's to the limit yet.

LMAO, That would be a pretty safe bet, Kevin. :D

I am not considering changing my R's suspension, I just was wondering if anyone had done it for comparison. I am kinda poor at explaining what I mean sometimes. I am cosidering some changes on my 01 Cobra.

Thanks for the input.

Brian

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Check out the front sway bar from a Saleen. It's 1.375 of an inch, the 00 R is 1.100. My Saleen's corner flatter than the R I think that is a change I will make, Since I have a Saleen. I may take the sway bar to RA and switch it between sessions to see what it does.

Users who are viewing this thread