Suspension Setup Help

imeyers302

Established Member
I don't think there's any truly good coilovers under 1500, or even 2000. A high quality set of shocks/struts and springs of your choice would be more bang for the buck.

Agreed. For a daily/occasional track car, I would rather have the best shock and spring combo available with lifetime warranty than an entry level set of coilovers. However if I was going coilovers at some point I would head straight to Cortex.

http://cortexracing.com/product/xtr...ont-single-rear-adjustable-2005-2014-mustang/

BMR Tech 2

How often do you think you are going to adjust those coilovers? It's a daily and unless you want to slam it for shows there is only so low you can go on the street before you have to start worrying about hitting things when going up and down driveways, etc. The koni sale is on right now and for $1500 you could get Yellows for under $700. Steeda sports or another brand of spring, another $200. The konis have lifetime warranty which i dont think is offered with coilovers (could be wrong on that but fairly sure they dont.) That leaves $600 for control arms, Panhard bar, strut mounts, etc. If you do go coilovers you will still need a Panhard bar and relocation brackets for the lower control arms at a minimum.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. A good shock/spring combo would leave you with enough cash leftover to knock out some other parts that should be done when you lower your car. The shock/spring combo will probably ride better than coilovers will. I see so many people buy cheapo coilovers just to end up either swapping to a shock/spring set up, or upgrade to a better set of coilovers down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread