suspension ideas

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
hey all,

i own an automatic mustang GT, and i will be fitting a Roush 2.3 supercharger by winter. the car is expected to hit the 650whp mark easily ( many mods on the blower ), however my concern is the suspension.

currently the car does have BMR non adjustable LCA's, an adjustable panhard and subframe support and i'll be running 28" tires on the rear.

so far the control arm relocation brackets is a must to me, however what's left is the springs and i like the BMR drag springs. my question is anyone had experience with them and what else i might be missing

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’d get some dampers to match that drag spring rate. If your ambious maybe 1 piece ds & adj uca while you’re apart up underneath.

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
I’d get some dampers to match that drag spring rate. If your ambious maybe 1 piece ds & adj uca while you’re apart up underneath.

the DS is on my mind as well, i know the stock 2 piece may not handle the load which makes me a bit worried as well.

the UCA is what i always had my doubts about between yes and no .. i think i might do it just to complete my rear suspension setup.

Norm Peterson

Established Member
the DS is on my mind as well, i know the stock 2 piece may not handle the load which makes me a bit worried as well.

the UCA is what i always had my doubts about between yes and no .. i think i might do it just to complete my rear suspension setup.
The biggest benefit of the UCA - and together with a chassis bracket with multiple UCA attachment holes - is that you can do some instant center/anti-squat tuning without screwing up the axle roll steer as badly. Definitely of benefit in a dual-purpose street/strip car where you don't want to let the street handling get too "loose", aka tailhappy aka oversteerish.

Personally, I'd like to see somebody make a UCA bracket with finer adjustment capability than just offering the choice between two or perhaps three widely-spaced holes, but you might as well take what you can get here.

Norm

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
I would opt for TRZ components. lighter and better than BMR. A CF DS was one of the best mods I made to my car.

I would also recommend this 05-14 Mustang Adjustable Rear Spring Mount Kit

i'll take a look at TRZ they look interesting..

i might actually go for a CF DS especially that i'm willing to go for a higher hp target in the future so i think it's a good idea just to upgrade it now.

the UPR mount kit looks good too

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
The biggest benefit of the UCA - and together with a chassis bracket with multiple UCA attachment holes - is that you can do some instant center/anti-squat tuning without screwing up the axle roll steer as badly. Definitely of benefit in a dual-purpose street/strip car where you don't want to let the street handling get too "loose", aka tailhappy aka oversteerish.

Personally, I'd like to see somebody make a UCA bracket with finer adjustment capability than just offering the choice between two or perhaps three widely-spaced holes, but you might as well take what you can get here.

Norm

the UCA looks like an inevitable upgrade and i might go with it eventually.

what kills me is that i'm not located in the US so the shipping cost is the major disadvantage

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
the UCA looks like an inevitable upgrade and i might go with it eventually.

what kills me is that i'm not located in the US so the shipping cost is the major disadvantage

looks like you need to take a trip to the us. Do some site seeing & take a uca back home with you.

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
looks like you need to take a trip to the us. Do some site seeing & take a uca back home with you.

that was the plan this summer, i was planning to take a course at the tuning school as well and visit some places, ironically most will be garages and performance shops lol.

shipping is not always a big deal to me, all the mods on my 2014 mustang are ordered and bought from shops in the US and since i have a freight forwarding account, i'm doing fine until the Stupid Covid-19 happened and killed all my plans.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
My car simply ran smoother and was quicker with a CF DS. Its hard to explain but I had an Aluminum and even tho it only weighs like 1.5 lb more it was a huge difference in how the car rode compared the CF and it just felt quicker.

Yea the UPR mount kit is great cause it gives u (3) inches of travel to play with so u can fit ur tire under there a little better and have the correct ride height.

i'll take a look at TRZ they look interesting..

i might actually go for a CF DS especially that i'm willing to go for a higher hp target in the future so i think it's a good idea just to upgrade it now.

the UPR mount kit looks good too

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
My car simply ran smoother and was quicker with a CF DS. Its hard to explain but I had an Aluminum and even tho it only weighs like 1.5 lb more it was a huge difference in how the car rode compared the CF and it just felt quicker.

Yea the UPR mount kit is great cause it gives u (3) inches of travel to play with so u can fit ur tire under there a little better and have the correct ride height.

i think the CF is more Flexible than aluminum that's why it felt smoother IMO

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
so i went a little bit crazy ..

ordered DSS aluminum DS, Strange shocks and struts BMR Drag Springs, LCA relocation brackets and some other goodies.

what's left is the Upper control arm .. going for UPR most likely

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
CF probably does a better job of damping out vibrations than aluminum.

Norm

that's 100% right even with normal common sense. i wanted to go the CF route, but i figured i won't be driving the car much so i'm fine with the Aluminum DS

Users who are viewing this thread