Suspension help!

cmrokilr

Established Member
I need some help guys, I have an 04 GT that has full bolt ons and that I lowered with steeda springs and that's about it. The suspension is becoming the weak link in the car, causing traction issues.. Im thinking about upgrading the whole suspension then put some 410s in it, my question is I drive it often so don't wanna set it up like a drag car but still want good street handling aswell. I want the car low, its currently lowered 1 1/4 inch but I want lower.

Im looking at possiably the..
hotchkis tvs package,
kenny brown subframes,
steeda balljoints

What should be a good set up for something like this?

spike_africa

Established Member
You want a track/street car or a street car that handles better?

Just swapping springs an't gonna get it done. You need better shocks/struts and bigger sway bars to get a good handling street car. After that its onto coilovers and panhard bars etc....

Really its what is the car honestly gonna be used for?

cmrokilr

Established Member
I cant honestly say thats when my intentions fir the car her crossed.. Im wanting a decent handling car but by no means a road racing car but on the other end I don't want a drag car that handles bad on the streets, I mostly drive on the street rarely go to the track but do sometimes enjoy a good street race from time to time that's mostly what I do. I guess im wanting a little bit of both worlds, a streetable drag car?

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Panhard bar will help with some of the traction issues and/or you could also look at a set of control arms.

spike_africa

Established Member
Add a set of adjustable shocks/struts of your liking along with lower control arms and thats going to best the best combo for street handling/strip. Trust me I have been trying to do that for years. I have Bullitt/Mach1 springs cut to lower the car a bit more, with KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts and lakewood lowers. Along with a sticky drag radial and the car hooks and handles well. Best I can find for both worlds. My car is a DD too.

Users who are viewing this thread