Suspension Groan Diagnosis Help Needed

Duane Black

Established Member
Greetings fellow Muscrat fans...

I am having an issue with my car when turning, as I am hearing what I would describe as a groan or a creek, primarily when turning right but sometimes when turning left as well.

I cannot create the sound with the car parked, not by turning and not by pushing up and down on the suspension, nor will any wheel shake in any direction.

I believe this may be tied to removing the K-Member and replacing it with a BMR unit. The front A-Arms were obviously disturbed as they had to be removed and replaced, as was the steering rack and tie rod.

I am leaning somewhat towards the strut bearing. However, I have doubts here as the last couple of times I messed up strut bearings by over torquing, they made noises when you pushed up and down on the strut tower. I can't create that sound, nor do I hear noises when crossing say, speed bumps.

However, I have heard this noise when in a turn and going over a bump in a parking lot, something more like a quick groan but not quite a pop.

Someone on TrackMustangsOnline thought possibly the hydro bushings in the A-Arm might be creating the noise? The bushings are stock with 96,000 miles on them.

Any help would be appreciated of course! Thank you!

Duane Black

Established Member
Any cares to try again? Put the energy suspension bushings in today. No great change in noise, maybe in my imagination. I’ve also emailed Kelly at BMR since ut showed up after disturbing the set up on that install.

It did seen tougher to get a groan out if it after driving a few miles with polyurethane a arm bushings in but i think it’s my imagination. So what would be the next guess? Ball joints feel good on the ground without 3441 lbs of car on it. Still cant make a noise or feel anything wrong without physically moving the car. I sprayed live in the strut towers and didnt seem to do anything, may try again

Users who are viewing this thread