Suspension advice

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with irs making 764hp 700tq 18in ccw classics 345’s for the rear tire. One iso on all for corners. H&R race springs and qa1 single adjustable shocks all around. Rides very harsh. I get tire rub on every bump I hit. Very annoying. Tires were already installed on rims so it wasn’t my choice on size but next set will be . Just looking for some advice for a smoother ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
H&R sport has a soft spring rate. H&R race springs(stiffer and will raise your car) or bag it. I had H&R race and am now bagged.

badmpg03

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with irs making 764hp 700tq 18in ccw classics 345’s for the rear tire. One iso on all for corners. H&R sport springs and qa1 single adjustable shocks all around. Rides very harsh. I get tire rub on every bump I hit. Very annoying. Tires were already installed on rims so it wasn’t my choice on size but next set will be . Just looking for some advice for a smoother ride.

Are your fenders rolled?
How wide is your rear wheel?
345 is way too big.
305/315 should be on an 11 in wheel. And you probably need to roll fenders.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
First thing I'd do is get tires that fit the rims. That might help quite a bit. Playing with the shocks might help the ride. I had H&R's with Bilsteins and I didn't think the ride was too bad. But it depends on what you consider smooth.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
H&R sport has a soft spring rate. H&R race springs(stiffer and will raise your car) or bag it. I had H&R race and am now bagged.

I just corrected it. I do have the race springs.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Are your fenders rolled?
How wide is your rear wheel?
345 is way too big.
305/315 should be on an 11 in wheel. And you probably need to roll fenders.

Yes fenders roller. I think ccw is 11inch wheel.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I think what made me feel this way about this car was that I test drove a 2018 gt350 and obviously the ride is wayyyy different. Lots of comfort compared to a older car. I feel like the 03/04 is more of a raw car compared to refined track car. But I do love my terminator and doing wot pulls wherever there’s some open space. Guess I’m just getting older going to be 40 next year. Smh.

What brand tires you guys going with. It’s mainly a street car might see some drag strip use but might need a drag setup for that. Future plans are full tilt boogie set up rear cover and beefier half shafts.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm 41 and think my Cobra rides fine. You really can't compare a GT350 to a Cobra. My buddy gave me a ride in his dad's GT350 and I laughed at him when he called it rough and noisy. I run Nitto 555R's in the rear and old school 555's in the front. I'm thinking of switching to R888R next time around.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I'm 41 and think my Cobra rides fine. You really can't compare a GT350 to a Cobra. My buddy gave me a ride in his dad's GT350 and I laughed at him when he called it rough and noisy. I run Nitto 555R's in the rear and old school 555's in the front. I'm thinking of switching to R888R next time around.

Yeah. They’re two different cars for sure. I’ll be looking for smaller tire for the rear after I get the rxt put in. Don’t get me wrong the 03/04 was my dream car when they first came out I’ve owned three. This one has been the most modded so far that I’ve had. But those gt350’s and gt500 are looking very nice. Just can’t afford that payment with a teenager getting ready to go into college next year.

Users who are viewing this thread