Surge at WOT

Jaceracer

Established Member
Hey guys not a big deal here but was wondering what thoughts you might have on this. I have an 03 with 94k, runs great, couldn't ask for more with what it is but i have noticed at full throttle there is a surge, not continous but it feels like the wind hits the truck and pulls back for a moment if that makes sense. I changed the fuel filter last night it does seem to run better but i did feel it again this morning, has anyone ever come across this before?

99lightning

Established Member
might have to clean an intercooler i've seen some videos on yt saying how the intercooler limits the truck , look into it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not enough info honestly- doesn’t it hesitate before it starts pulling? Does it hesitate mid pull? Happen in all gears or at a certain rpm range?

My initial thought is maybe some belt slip. This is where being able to log fuel pressure, boost etc is helpful

I don’t agree on intercooler because your description makes it sound like it recovers and it certainly won’t recover mid pull

99lightning

Established Member
Not enough info honestly- doesn’t it hesitate before it starts pulling? Does it hesitate mid pull? Happen in all gears or at a certain rpm range?

My initial thought is maybe some belt slip. This is where being able to log fuel pressure, boost etc is helpful

I don’t agree on intercooler because your description makes it sound like it recovers and it certainly won’t recover mid pull
you got a point , i'm sort of new to these so just throwing some ideas out as i saw he had no reply .

Jaceracer

Established Member
So i will describe it the best i can its almost like a lag when you first punch it and i'm not sure if root style superchargers being that they run off the crank continously have a lag which is fine honestly because the truck runs great. I just happen to notice that surge/lag during the first pull if that makes sense? its not intense you can just feel it for a second. i don't remember feeling it before but i have had to do a lot of tedious stuff to bring this truck up from when i bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread