Sure glad this isn't collecting on my intercooler ...

Taz

Established Member
This is the amount of oil that the catch tank on my PCV line collected in just 3K miles. As you can see, it's about 25 ml. To put that into perspective, it works out to a little over a 1/2 pint every 30K miles. From what I've read, this is about average.

pcv_catch_can_contets_after_3k_miles.jpg

If you have an intercooled Eaton or KB, and you're running an unmodified PCV system, this kind of crap is collecting on your intercooler. At least part of it remains and hardens on the IC's plates and lines, acting as an insulator and reducing its efficiency. That's a bad thing.

:eek:

If you're running breathers, you're polluting the environment to the tune of a 1/2 pint of hydrocarbons every 30K miles. That's also a bad thing. Not to mention irresponsible.

:nonono:

Have your cake and eat it too. Install a decent catch tank. It's cheap and it works. My catch tank has kept my IC dry since I installed it. I know because I've looked.

:thumbsup:

T-

Last edited:

SGL

Banned
Taz said:
If you're running breathers, you're polluting the environment to the tune of a 1/2 pint of hydrocarbons every 30K miles. That's also a bad thing. Not to mention irresponsible.

T-

They don't care. Been down that road....

white99gt

Established Member
Taz said:
160 clams, eh?
:eek:

Proud of it, aren't they?
:-D

T-

Yea,But a lot of the turbo desiel guys are getting 25~50k miles between filter changes.
Also they say the thing cleans so well ,that you can run a cotten swab thru the outlet hose and not get any residue on it :-D

Users who are viewing this thread