Suprise, suprise

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I actually got a bonus this year; I was hoping for one but definitely not counting on it. Things are not booming but we've had a slight up tic in work in the last 6 months.

Here's to a better year next year for everyone. :beer:

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Yea we have been pretty damn busy here in the Tampa bay area A/C & Electric new construction. Bonus from my boss though ummmm LMAO, I wish!!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Congrats man! Amen to the pickup in work too! I just (very luckily) landed a job as an electrician!!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Yea we have been pretty damn busy here in the Tampa bay area A/C & Electric new construction. Bonus from my boss though ummmm LMAO, I wish!!

Tampa...interesting and good to hear. I thought if things got real bad here I'd have to leave the state.. I'm in design, the great majority of work over the last year or two has been renovations with the exception of churches. We work a lot harder for a little less money these days. I've done more churches in the last 2 years than I have in the last 10.

FWIW, the bonus is not what it was in years past but I totally appreciate it. My side business has been completely dead for the last 2 years. I only did one side job this year - that cuts 20-25K out of my former income (hence the lack of a mustang in the driveway now).

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Congrats. I wont get any bonus this year... Even though things are booming like crazy.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Congrats!!! My check comes on Friday and considering how much business we turned down last year I am hoping for the best!

slick4_6

Established Member
Congrats!!! My check comes on Friday and considering how much business we turned down last year I am hoping for the best!

We haven't turned down anything. I work in a machine shop and we went from $300k worth of parts in June to $900k in November. We aren't getting anything but comments about how easily anyone can be replaced even though we are extremely short handed because they can not find anyone that is worth hiring. The owner bought his third house this year and he needs our help in paying for it. I averaged over 50 hours a week this year, I guess my overtime was my bonus.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'm surprised you can't spell surprise, lol j/k. Congrats on the bonus! My company (or the company I work for rather) set all time production records this year. Considering this location has been up and running since 1960 it's a nice accomplishment, especially considering how bad our market was just 2 years ago. We didn't get anything extra this year though unfortunately. We are getting a raise on the 1st though so that's something. I'm thankful we just slowed down instead of shutting down 2 years ago and I still have a good job.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
my bonus was the 2 yr pay freeze for federal employees, haha

I haven't had a raise in over 3 years. I won't complain though, I don't know if I could match my salary anywhere locally and maybe even nationally given my position and education; I am happy to have a reliable job.

I'm surprised you can't spell surprise, lol j/k. Congrats on the bonus! ...We are getting a raise on the 1st though so that's something. I'm thankful we just slowed down instead of shutting down 2 years ago and I still have a good job.

Smiley-ForeheadSlap.gif
"Surprise" is like an achilles heel word when I'm typing fast. I didn't even catch it. Congrats on the upcoming raise. :beer:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bonus? What is that? LOL!

Congratulations to you, though. I think it is wonderful.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Congrats! Although we usually get our bonuses in Feb-March, they surprised everyone with $50 Visa gift cards last week.

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Congrats FO. Im just glad we got our 10% paycut that we took last year back this year. Now I hope we just get a pay raise next month.

It won't matter though since I have decided this year is my last year here. Im out of here by March or April.

Users who are viewing this thread