Supporting mods for a KB 2.6H on 03 Cobra

Sethsual

Established Member
Hey guys. Well, I just received my KB 2.6H today and I'm eager to get that ball rolling. Along with it, I have some 80lb injectors and an SCT BA3000. The car, an 03 Cobra, has Walbro 255's in it and (due to questionable local E85) I plan on running 91 OCT. I asked my tuner what else I needed to bolt this thing up and get going, and his response kind of implied I needed a beefier fuel setup. AFAIK, I see guys running not much more than 60's (and sometimes a BAP/BAS) and doing fine.

That leads me to the question:
Besides the injectors and MAF, what else is absolutely necessary to run this blower?

Sethsual

Established Member
I drive it on the weekends, and wouldn't mind occasionally going to the strip with it. I decided to just go all out fuel-wise, and go return. :)

aarons04cobra

Established Member
For your set up on pump gas you should switch to 60 ib injectors. 80s are good for e85 but a bit too much for pump gas.

Hey guys. Well, I just received my KB 2.6H today and I'm eager to get that ball rolling. Along with it, I have some 80lb injectors and an SCT BA3000. The car, an 03 Cobra, has Walbro 255's in it and (due to questionable local E85) I plan on running 91 OCT. I asked my tuner what else I needed to bolt this thing up and get going, and his response kind of implied I needed a beefier fuel setup. AFAIK, I see guys running not much more than 60's (and sometimes a BAP/BAS) and doing fine.

That leads me to the question:
Besides the injectors and MAF, what else is absolutely necessary to run this blower?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
For your set up on pump gas you should switch to 60 ib injectors. 80s are good for e85 but a bit too much for pump gas.

I've been running 80's for a couple years on pump gas with no issues. Even ran them when I was N/A for a bit. They'll be good in case he needs room to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread