Supplement to 03/04 C0bra seats in an SN95

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If one of the mods with adequate power could merge or edit this into the end of the first post of the other thread that would be great.

Well, I am done with the swap. It worked GREAT and I would recommend getting better 03-04 seats to anyone with a sn95. Whether they are Cobra, Mach, Bullitt or anything. Our seats are simply lousy compared to these.

It would help if one of the mods could paste these tips onto the original thread in the How To Section. They may help someone out.

The instructions worked great. It is a little confusing reading them but once you have everything in front of you, it makes sense.

I was swapping 03 Cobra seats into a 95 Cobra.

1) In the 03 seat, the blue wire mentioned was a brown/light blue tracer wire. Otherwise all wires were as described.

2) If possible, go to a junkyard and get a driver's side inboard seatbelt instead of hacking up the original.

3) The 95 seatbelts do NOT fit in the 03 seatbelts that are attached to the seat. Remove the 03 seatbelts BEFORE putting them in the car. The driver's side has a harness that can be unplugged underneath the seat.

4) Leave your factory inboard belts in place.

5) When you disassemble the 95 driver's belt do not destroy the outer covering. You can cut the small spot stitch in the middle and the belt will pull out of the covering. Slide the cover off and then you can cut the wires close to the seatbelt. Put the cover back on the belt and re-install it.

6) If you need to unplug the driver's inboard seatbelt you must remove the center console. Open the console storage and remove the two rubber plugs on each side of the cupholder. Remove the two phillips screws. The storage comes up--there are clips at the rear. Remove the two torx screws covered by the storage compartment. Remove the shifter ball and bezel. Remove the two torx screws at each upper edge of the console where it meets the dash. Pull the emergency brake up to get some room to move the console around to get to the plug.

7) I used spade connectors in the 95 seat harness plug instead of cutting into the harness.

8) I used bullet connectors squeezed down on the 03 seat harness plug instead of cutting the harness.

Thanks for the original write-up.

Last edited:

svtrickey

Established Member
Also, I just did the swap and if you don't want to go threw all the trouble get some 03-04 cobra seat belts as the bolt right in to our SN-95 location and then you can use the factory seats with the seat belt retainers.

Users who are viewing this thread