Supercharger ?

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
The Roush TVS has shown faster track times.

But both are very nice kits.

On an install perspective, the Roush TVS also fits a little nicer.

grnenvy

Established Member
I'm running the TVS and would never hesitate to buy another even when I get a new Shelby.
But I would buy the one that u can get cheaper a complete package deal tune, blower everything. Call VMP tuning.

2011redcandy

Established Member
Seeing that you are in jersey, you should buy the Roush in the classifieds from the guy in Lon Island, NY for 5100 including everything, even JLT big air intake.

psucobra

Established Member
The Roush TVS has shown faster track times.

But both are very nice kits.

On an install perspective, the Roush TVS also fits a little nicer.

Faster times than which of the three whipple kits?

kingnut

Established Member
i think the whipple looks and sounds better but the roush is a better deal (dollar wise). considering they are both just about equal in performance.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Other than the blower itself, the kits are identical. Same fitment, same intercooler, same everything except the blower.

With the FRPP Whipple kit, we have seen 9.8's on stock motor through a stock auto tranny and slicks.

With the 2.9 and a built motor, (same car) has gone 9.7 on a 20" DR, and 9.4 on slicks. Again with a stock auto tranny................

JerryC

Established Member
The Roush TVS kit from VMP has a track record of cars in the high 10's from just the blower and drag tires. Not shop cars either, but ordinary guys with daily drivers that added the blower and ran tens.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they both are relatively the same so it comes down to looks/sound. The whipple whines more with the jlt intake/smaller pulley and for me that is a win!

kevinp

Established Member
I think the VMP TVS car is right there as well. Might of even had the baby seat in it for the 9 second run. :)

Rebecca ran 9.7 something with the TVS, another guy from Texas ran 9 something as well with the Roush and stock auto/shortblock/drag wheels tires and maybe headers.

I havent seen any real world advantage of the 2.3 whipple over the 2.3 TVS, the 2.9 being a larger blower it will have have more power potential naturally.

Bud

Established Member
The roush whines pretty good with an open intake and smaller pulleys as well. They are both good kits and can put cars beyond where most people are willing to tech them to at the track. The used roush kit going so cheap in the classifieds is the obvious choice. That much power for that price is a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread