Supercharger tune question

Mattstang04

Established Member
I'm wondering if I install my procharger with 60# injectors, slot style MAF in a blow thru tube and tune it all up, can I remove the supercharger and run the car without a retune?

Maybe put the MAF in a lightning housing and slap it into jlt cai.

Will the supercharged tune play in NA form with the same injectors and MAF (just in a different housing)?

blownstang4.6

Established Member
You'd be changing the maf setup from blow thru to draw thru and changing the positioning of the maf. It would probably run but not as good as it should. I'd baby the car.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking you're probably right.

Devil's advocate thinks that the position shouldn't change the operation as long as it was in a similar sized housing. It should just be a lower reading than its normally seeing.

Any other thoughts on it?

Ted B

Established Member
If your going to take the blower off, you would really want to have it flashed back to the factory tune. There usually is a lot of fuel mapping and other tweaks that go into a forced induction tune that make it different enough from the factory tune that in my opinion I wouldnt drive it.

I mean I feel your pain im waiting for a new Idler pulley from procharger and I would love to just put the stock one back on and drive my car, but its not worth the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread