Supercharger Tips

coposrv

Established Member

Mine cost about $4500. Including the block. But I did all the assembly myself. As well as pulled and installed the engine. You save a lot doing some things at home.

I do the same. Over time I’ve gone from assembling motors to the next one being a complete one-off my design. Big inch modular on deck. The concepts are simple but not necessarily always easy.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
I wouldn’t attempt it myself. In a construction worker not a mechanic, so I’m shafted unfortunately

So what, I’m an electrician. Don’t make a mountain out of this.

Make a reasonable investment into some quality measuring tools and your research is free. Plenty of knowledgeable guys on this very forum have experience and will help.

The more you know and can do the less expensive and overwhelming it becomes. I often call my machine shop just to discuss ideas. I’m not a pro by any means but I could probably make a few bucks on the side now.

Either way, You’re going to have to do what your comfortable with. I’m just saying with the right preparation it’s not as overwhelming as it may seem.

Maybe it’s just me but with cars being hobby it’s the journey that’s the therapy, not the drive. I can shut the shop door and turn my head off from my business for a little while. I don’t have the desire or means to always write a 15k check and get a motor.

Zutz2v

Established Member
So what, I’m an electrician. Don’t make a mountain out of this.

Make a reasonable investment into some quality measuring tools and your research is free. Plenty of knowledgeable guys on this very forum have experience and will help.

The more you know and can do the less expensive and overwhelming it becomes. I often call my machine shop just to discuss ideas. I’m not a pro by any means but I could probably make a few bucks on the side now.

Either way, You’re going to have to do what your comfortable with. I’m just saying with the right preparation it’s not as overwhelming as it may seem.

Maybe it’s just me but with cars being hobby it’s the journey that’s the therapy, not the drive. I can shut the shop door and turn my head off from my business for a little while. I don’t have the desire or means to always write a 15k check and get a motor.

I agree with you, but I don’t have space to tinker with it. And Ny skills are pretty basic , oil change and plugs are pretty much where my skills are at.

JGDogg10

Established Member
I had my Mach 1 supercharged for about 20k miles (a little over 2 years) because I wasn’t drivibg it everyday, it was on 12lbs of boost making around 460 to the wheels. Put a pair of drag radials on it and the tranny did indeed go before the motor did. But after building the tranny, the motor went not too long after. I drove the hell out of that car every time I was in it, and that was the problem. The benefit of a centri setup is you don’t ever have to be in boost if you don’t want to. You can drive to work or the store and not put a pound of boost through the motor. It’s all based on throttle position and rpm. It sounds boring (and that’s why I drove the hell outta mine when I did drive) but it’s definitely possible to enjoy the car for a while until you do build the motor. But in my opinion, it WILL eventually break. The Mach ran a little higher compression ratio than the cobra, but my feelings are still the same in the long run.
Just enjoy the car, we build them for that reason, but just keep in mind that something might happen, and try not to be too surprised if it does.

JGDogg10

Established Member
And the earlier member was correct about the traction control, I had the tuner completely tune mine off all the time just in case I forgot.

Badaz01

Established Member
I just recently installed a D1sc procharger and I am putting down 475rwhp and 440rwtq on 9psi and stock engine on my 2001 cobra. And I can say so far so good. Though it’s only been two weeks. I can tell you as well that the power from that blower comes on really fast especially with the 410 gears I have. I plan to build in the winter this coming year and I was quoted 10k for the build from top to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread