supercharger question

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Ive searched but I have a easy question. How much for a KB, Mag, highest stage ported blower, whipple with everything needed for install? Just looking at different options and prices. Looked at the KB site but the price seems misleading.

RMoore92

Established Member
My whipple cost 2700 plus a 24 pack of beer and pizza. Took me and a few buddies 8 hours to take off the eaton and replace it. May cost 500ish maybe if you have a shop do it.

01whiteL

Established Member
just remember going kb/whipple and maybe even a big ported blower you will need to upgrade your fuel pumps/injectors as well to stay safe, along with probably an upgraded MAF.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Wouldve thought Id got more hits. Anyways so far

$2700 whipple
$1900 KB2.3 (what is missing in this kit to make it work??)
$3700 KB2.6
Under $900Ported
$1800 Magnum

Any Im missing or anything to add?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's not really a kit with the 2.3 KB, it just bolts in place of the stock Eaton.

Also, if you keep the power levels reasonable on a stock block you won't need to dig into the fuel system. You will need a maf though.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
There's not really a kit with the 2.3 KB, it just bolts in place of the stock Eaton.

Also, if you keep the power levels reasonable on a stock block you won't need to dig into the fuel system. You will need a maf though.

Im built but honestly my goals are high 11's. With that said Im really not trying to over do it for numbers. I just want enough to reach my goal and call it a day. Didnt know the 2.3 bolted into place. its looking like the smartest option right now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You'll have to find one used, KB doesn't sell them new anymore. It's the blower I have, and I really like it. For 11's you will have to address the fuel system.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
just remember going kb/whipple and maybe even a big ported blower you will need to upgrade your fuel pumps/injectors as well to stay safe, along with probably an upgraded MAF.

Not true, depending on how hard or soft you push the thing is when youll need fuel upgrades. Sure having them is better than not, but they arent needed 100% as long as you arent going apeshit.

With that said Im running a Magnum Powers unit that has been touched by Steig. Screams like a mother and pulled harder than my eaton..and now with the 2.76in pulley on it (had the stock 2.93in unit) it pulls like a raped ape now

Last edited:

01whiteL

Established Member
Not true, depending on how hard or soft you push the thing is when youll need fuel upgrades. Sure having them is better than not, but they arent needed 100% as long as you arent going apeshit.

With that said Im running a Magnum Powers unit that has been touched by Steig. Screams like a mother and pulled harder than my eaton..and now with the 2.76in pulley on it (had the stock 2.93in unit) it pulls like a raped ape now

He's built, theres no reason not to address the fuel system and upgrade the MAF when going twin screw/bigger blower...... better safe then sorry. Plus it always seems as though everyone always talks about going "high elevens" then when they do it becomes low elevens and so on. Lol.... so might as well knock it out.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
He's built, theres no reason not to address the fuel system and upgrade the MAF when going twin screw/bigger blower...... better safe then sorry. Plus it always seems as though everyone always talks about going "high elevens" then when they do it becomes low elevens and so on. Lol.... so might as well knock it out.

good point.
myself i want it as a just in case thing...even tho im doing fairly well with my stock block lol.
but then again ive been speaking with rick and all my tunes are more about "safety" overall instead of balls out power....so i know im leaving alot on the table.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
How much for the fuel setup? Saw Walbro 255LPH Dual Fuel Pumps with Install Kit $196.95 and injectors 60# $400. I have a mafia already.

01whiteL

Established Member
Should basically be all you need.... never been a fan of the mafia's though, but thats my personal opinion.

How much hp are you aiming for?

01whiteL

Established Member
I would pick up a whipple since your built.... should make mid 500's without any problems and will get you to your goal. Then when you want more it can be spun harder, high elevens are just the start...you'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread