Supercharger Oil's for track use

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
What is everyone using?
Reason i post about this is because last year i was at Autoclub speedway doing the road course and did a 25 min session with my cobra(whipple 2.3/18lbs/e85) and i had my blower start making noise. I was using what whipple gave me but i also used Lucas oil after a few times because they make a supercharger oil for KB and it it was recommended by a shop.
Not saying the oil is the reason the blower crapped out because this was a used blower i bought off someone and i had used it for hard driving track use stuff the past 3 years. Whipple ended up replacing the whole rotor pack, cleaning and boring the housing as well. Was this bearing failure related to the heat this saw on the road course, probably i wouldnt doubt it. It had alot of use and im not gonna complain about it, i got well more than m,y moneys worth. But i was curious what everyone is using and if they are using anything special especially the ones that abuse theirs alot like i do.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Bigger pulley or short shift it?
Its 3.0 upper with 4lb lower. 640whp/606tq. At 18lbs we dont feel like we are spinning it too hard and ive ran this setup for years. Just curious what everyone is using or if there is a super oil for these people like to use.
Depending on the track but usually shift at 6200-6400 rpm.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Redline is all I run in my 03. I also use it in the Kawasaki on my zero turn. Good damn oil, but expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread