supercharger installer/tuner in indiana.

Hepcat007

Established Member
Anyone know any good supercharger installers/tuners in Indiana? I live in lafayette and there is one shop around here that does it, but i want to get a second quote and have other options. I think they are jacking me around on prices. thx in advance.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Yea, Kenny Brown is all I can think of. They just might be your only choice in your vicinity.

Then again you've got Lingenfelter down in Decatur, but I don't know if they even bother with Fords. If they did, they'd assrape you on price anyways.

Last edited:

Hepcat007

Established Member
I will definatly try kenny brown. I actually hadn't thought of them. kind of weird since i got my CC plates and suspension from them lol.

Hepcat007

Established Member
Im not going to give any shop a bad name that hasn't actually serviced my car. I will say however that it seems to be a bit expensive. Does $6000 sound reasonable for the purchase of a 6lb p1sc w/2 core intercooler, and install and tune? To me that seems a bit high. I have found the kit as low as $3200 before, so that is a lot of money for an install and tune. If that does sound reasonable, my question is "why on earth would anyone supercharge these things?" If i sold my car for $18000 and added the $6000 for the supercharger i could have an 03 cobra which would rock my 01 with a 6lb p1sc.

Hepcat007

Established Member
that is the base kit and the block is stock. i don't want to go much above the 6lb kit. and if i run bigger pulley, need to replace maf. and if the price i got is already 6k, can't imagine what would be charged for a lightning or pro-m maf. but on stock block i don't feel comfortable going much over an 8lb kit.

2000blackone

Established Member
The smaller the pulley, the more boost you run. Me and my friend might be able to do it for you and we can buy the MAF and injectors also. We both have supercharged Mustangs. I'll ask him if he wants to tackle it during school, since we're both Purdue students. Whatever it is, it'll be cheaper than that shop, including new MAF, injectors, and a very careful job. :beer:

Hepcat007

Established Member
I would definatly be interested. The project will take place in march now as that is bonus time and i just want to pay cash for the whole project. have you ever supercharged a 99 or 01 before? im just really concerned about a safe tune. anyways, i am either going with a p1sc or a kenne bell intercooled kit. let me know what you think.

Hepcat007

Established Member
I definatly will let you know. any advice you have for me making my decision would be appreciated. was looking at pricing on kits trying to make my decision. the procharger is definatly the least expensive route. For the cost of the KB kit i might as well get an HP twin turbo kit and make some real horsepower. But i dunno, ive got quite awhile to think about it. let me know about your setup. the only supercharged mustangs ive been in is a friends vortech T-trimmed 93 cobra and somebodies pullied 04. both were quite wild. really liked the T-trim on the 93, but the noise at idle would drive me nuts i think. The 04 with the 6lb pully was wicked too. made my 01 feel like a festiva when i got back in it.

Users who are viewing this thread