Supercharger grind

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea whats the problem? There is some grindin inside the supercharger and it dont sound good. What kind of oil needs to go in the supercharger? and may that belt that we got from car quest be to tight?

Billy Pilgram

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think any kind of grinding noise is ever good, especially from something that spins as fast as a supercharger and forces everything into the cylinders.

It'd be worth to just take the belt off and turn it by hand to see if that's really where it's coming from. I'd hate to see you have problems again after getting it back together.

Joe5.0

Established Member
no we did not there is only an opening for the oil at the very top of the blower. When the charger was out the pullie did spin freely. it just soudns like dry bearings or somethin aorund in the touching something. And yea grinding noise aint good.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Take the belt off and try to spin it and see if you hear it, it just might be an idler from the accessory drive

Rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
will do that tmmrw. But i can assure u its inside the sc. U can hear it when u drive and u can feel the vibration in the car. Something is f***** again.....and i still need to know what kind of oil it needs.

Users who are viewing this thread