Supercharger coolant pump tuner settings

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Does anyone know if you can adjust when the intercooler pump kicks on in a tune? I have a switch tapped into the orange and white wire like most everyone else and can turn the pump on manually via the switch. However the pump only comes on by itself rarely. I sat there and let the car idle for 20 minutes and watched the pump, the only time it kicked on was when the reading was 78 degrees and it only stayed on for about a minute. It then shut off and got as high as 92 and never came back on unless I manually turned it on with the switch.

I'm thinking something needs to be adjusted in the tune?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There is an adjustment that can be made in the tune. I think it has to do with the temp. I adjusted mine so it comes on as soon as the car is started. That's weird that the temp got up to 92 and it still didn't turn on though.

Zemedici

Established Member
Those pumps are known for rather high failure rates, id keep a Ford Racing unit as backup

M-8501-MSVT

Sounds like yours is going out if it came on at 78, but didn’t come on by 92.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well it's actually a Chiselled Ice Box setup with a Rule 2000 pump inside the tank. I snipped the stock wiring where the old pump use to plug in and soldered in wiring running all the way back to the NEW pump. Like I said the pump works, I can turn it on whenever with the switch.

And I know it can turn on by itself because I've seen it do it. I'm just wondering why it's not on most of the time like everyone else's. I'm thinking it has to be in the tuner settings that my friend can adjust when he makes a tune

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lol good point, might just have to do this. Only thing is I'll have to manually turn the switch off and on every time I drive it. Not the end of the world just not the solution im after

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was hoping someone who makes tunes could come in here and shed some light on it. I'm thinking there has to be some sort of timer and or temp setting in the tuning software I can tell my tuner to look at

03' White Snake

Established Member
Run it off a relay and forget the switch. Power on when cars running and have it always pumping. No need to remember to turn it off and on everytime.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Run it off a relay and forget the switch. Power on when cars running and have it always pumping. No need to remember to turn it off and on everytime.

I have a huge 10 gallon ice tank in my trunk and I'd like to be able to cycle the pump with ice in the tank and have the car OFF while doing so. This way the blower will cool faster in between runs at the track. I won't have to leave my car on to do this

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I see guys all over the forums accomplishing what I'm doing. Only difference is when they get in and drive their car their pump automatically kicks on for them. Mine seems to do it at its leisure or when I physically turn on the switch and or jumper the relay

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lol he's a good friend and a great tuner. It's probably something very small he's not seeing in the tuning software. I can't think of what else it could be.

Only other option is a bad PCM or bad relay.

HPLouis

Established Member
These are the parameters:
Intercooler Pump Min ACT to Turn Off
Custom Stock
30.000 50.000

Intercooler Pump Min ACT to Turn On
Custom Stock
50.000 70.000

Min ACT2 for Pump Back Off
Custom Stock
20.000 40.000

Min ACT2 for Pump On
Custom Stock
40.000 60.000

Min Time After Start Until Pump Is On
Custom Stock
10.000 20.000

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
These are the parameters:
Intercooler Pump Min ACT to Turn Off
Custom Stock
30.000 50.000

Intercooler Pump Min ACT to Turn On
Custom Stock
50.000 70.000

Min ACT2 for Pump Back Off
Custom Stock
20.000 40.000

Min ACT2 for Pump On
Custom Stock
40.000 60.000

Min Time After Start Until Pump Is On
Custom Stock
10.000 20.000
There it is, I'll have him see if this shows up on his software. This has to be on the right track. Thank you for taking the time to post this info. I'll report back with the findings

G3T_TERMINATED

I know this is a little old, but I'm terrible with electrical work. Could you describe how exactly one would go about doing this? I'm going to be installing the trunk tank and Rule 2000 pump and am trying to do as much research as possible prior to installing the setup.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well basically I bought my box through a company called Chiseled Performance.
CHISELED PERFORMANCE WATERTANKS

He installs the Rule 2000 pump inside the tank he made. Remove your factory pump (I extended the wire that was on my factory pump all the way back to my trunk and hooked it up to the new pump).

Then get some hose from Napa (I forget the size off the top of my head but can check later if u want and run it all the way back to the trunk. I went in through the bottom of the trunk with a step drill. I can get pics if u want

Users who are viewing this thread