Supercharged Mustang GT vs 330whp Cobalt SS vs 05 GTO **VIDEO**

syP

G8 #2
Established Member
This is my friends Vortech Charged 2001 Mustang Gt... Its a HAWT car.. and he has a new engine in it..

He has a badass car... Before he blew his engine he beat a c6 vette, 500+hp supra, Cammed ls1 camaro, and a full bolt on LT1 camaro.

He was at around 250 miles on the new engine and he wanted to break it in... he decided to race some friends at 3/4 throttle..

What i find hard to believe is how ANY person can race and not floor the car. I mean.. you race to win... and the slightest bit of losing i would MASH the pedal to the ground.. But some how he did it..

how do i know?? The car was shifting from gear to gear around 5300rpms

oh well.. he doesnt wanna blow another engine. I cant wait for him to get his tune and his MAF to be up at 425whp.

Here is the little video..
http://1997gtp.net/Videos/threefourths.wmv

Expect much much more from this car this upcoming summer...

GLHS837

Established Member
I'm curious about a 330whp Cobalt SS. What has been done to get that sucker that much power. AFAIK, that would make it the most powerful Cobalt SS out there.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
i got a quick question. was the first part of that video shot on 294 s/b?

NVM

Nice kill on the M3

Last edited:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
:shrug:

My brother had an '02 GT with a Novi2000 and put down 380rwhp @ 10psi through an intercooler. Other than that the car was bone ass stock, even the exhaust. Tell your buddy he needs a better tune.

syP

G8 #2
Established Member
because supras have like 1000hp and run 12s ;-)

HE has a basic tune because he is still breaking in his new engine and needs his bigger Maf (90mm i believe??) So the shop is just waiting for him to pass 2k miles.

syP

G8 #2
Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
I'm sorry, that video sucked. :dw:

sorry.. i all i got is a digital 5.0mp camera to take videos..

I think it takes pretty good videos.. but compared to a digital video recorder.. well, yea then it sucks.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Blower sounded pretty good on the cobalt....I'm guessing the GT was an auto...that would explain the low #'s...

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
5.0snake said:
How can a 425+ rwhp gt beat up on a lighter 500hp supra?

ive never seen a dyno win a race... torque winds races HP sells cars... and HP is just a measurement of torque.. a supra revs well over 5252 RPM making its HP sky rocket through the equation so while yes its 500hp car it may only make... around 300tq or so... and if the 425whp GT makes say 400tq then well the GT will walk al over it.

UtOhCop

Established Member
Ahh the good old blown 3800 Series 2. Too bad Gm has such shitty flowing heads on that engine or it would make some serious power.

Users who are viewing this thread