Supercharged Mach 1

MTI LS1

The reason I am asking is because I want to get either a 98 Cobra or a brand new Mach 1. I know that the 98's made mad powe with supercharger/turbo applications, but have heard nothing about Mach 1's. There is no doubt in my mind that there is already a kit out, but how reliable is it, no forged internals, and what are the power gains in the Mach 1. Being such a new car I dont want to be a guinea pig, because I do want to go forced induction and I want to be sure that I am dong the right thing. Any info on either car would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks, Zach

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by BigZach
The reason I am asking is because I want to get either a 98 Cobra or a brand new Mach 1. I know that the 98's made mad powe with supercharger/turbo applications, but have heard nothing about Mach 1's. There is no doubt in my mind that there is already a kit out, but how reliable is it, no forged internals, and what are the power gains in the Mach 1. Being such a new car I dont want to be a guinea pig, because I do want to go forced induction and I want to be sure that I am dong the right thing. Any info on either car would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks, Zach

Might want to hold out for a couple more weeks/months. I know there is a car working with vortech and one with procharger. They are developing the kits as we speak. I spoke with Procharger just yesterday about the status on their kit. They told me they are 2 to 4 weeks out on being completed for the Mach 1.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5688&highlight=Procharger

here is a link to some info on the procharger car. No pictures of the kit installed have been released that I know of.

Hope that helps as far as the machs are concerned.

MTI LS1

Yeah thanks alot. I wasn't planning on getting one until mid September or October so hopefully they will have a kit ready by then.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Don't worry. You won't have to be the guinea pig. I am! :thumbsup: This car will take the mach from :sleeping: to :burnout: The difference is amazing and the power the car makes is incredible. This car LOVES boost! :beer:

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by Road Racin'
Don't worry. You won't have to be the guinea pig. I am! :thumbsup: This car will take the mach from :sleeping: to :burnout: The difference is amazing and the power the car makes is incredible. This car LOVES boost! :beer:
I'm dying here. When is it going to be available. Give us some insight! Please.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
How about setting up a Kennebell thats for the 03 Cobra onto our Mach 1's. I know the idlers and pulley setup will have to be similar to the 03 Cobra instead of the setup we have now....but since we have the same heads....just wondering if it will bolt on our motors or not. I am not thinking of doing this to my car..but someone else in my family asked me if it can be done. I would think the KB blower pulley that comes with the kit standard would be a safe starting point.

Thanks,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

MTI LS1

What kind of power is you car making with the kit on it right now, and what about long term reliability without forged internals? I just want to make sure that I make the right decision, because I love the look od the car.

MTI LS1

Harry: I never really thought about that, but I assume that someone could make it work. I mean the engines in the Cobra and Mach are really similar so I dont see why it wouldnt work. By the way, what are the real differences in the engines except the supercharger.

jdr46

Originally posted by BigZach

Thanks, Zach

I am new to SVTP forum. just adding my .02 on the hole forged internal thang. If you get a good tune U should be ok, unless your planing big HP & TQ #s.

Josh

HotRodHarry

Established Member
The Cobra's have 8.5:1 compression compared to our 10:1
Cobra has the Iron Block...Mach's have the aluminum
The Cobra has a Forged crank like our 5 speed Mach 1's
Cobra also has Forged pistons and kickass Manley I beam rods...really beefy.Mach 1's dont have Forged pistons and those rods.

They both do have the same heads and cams(or close)

I am sure there is even more...especially in the computer and tuning area of things.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Zate

Established Member
i'd hardly say the Mach1 LOVES boost..

does the 10.0:1 CR scare you running boost ?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by Zate
i'd hardly say the Mach1 LOVES boost..

does the 10.0:1 CR scare you running boost ?

cant wait. Doesnt scare me. A lot of cars have been doing it for a long time. F-bodies, vettes, '99 & '01 cobras. Granted the cobras were only 9.85 compression vs. 10.1. I'm more worried about the slugs in it. I have faith though. Lots of people have done it. Shouldnt be a problem as long as I dont get greedy:D

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Not that I am going to do it...but I wouldnt worry either about the motor taking a good setup supercharger with a proper tune. The compression on the Z06 vettes is something like 11:1 .

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
I've beaten the heck out of a local 02 z06(we used it to prototype the vortech kit) with 7+psi and 11:1 compression. The owner is a racer and flogs it regularly. It's wicked :D Anyway, Harry is right. The tuning is the most important. As long as it is setup safe you should be ok. Denotation kills motors long before pressure does. Btw, I'll be open tracking this car at local events, I'm just gonna run good gas. So, no I'm not worried at all.

Users who are viewing this thread