Supercharged issues

ozzman306

Established Member
I'm having problems with my mustang ever since I installed my vortech kit. car drive idles fine but when I give it a hard acceleration it bucks at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle I've never done wot since the car fall on it's face... my set up is 306ci probe forged Pistons ,stock rods with ARP bolts ,gt40x heads 64cc ,crane 1.7 RR
, 93 stock cobra cam , edelbrock intake ,
65mm T/B , 73c&l maf , 24lbs injectors
(match to the maf) 12:1 FMU , 255 pump , and also running the vortech boost a pump so I have plenty of fuel and it's a 8-10psi kit

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ozzman306

Established Member
The car is not tuned it's running off a FMU .. fuel pressure is set right and timing is also set as well I don't understand why its bucking my 95 mustang GT has no issues with the FMU

62a0ef79374811800710503e23017d3e.jpg
this is my set up

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
What spark plugs are you using? Ar they gapped short? Can't remember off hand what it need to be but I thought it needed to be somewhere in the .030". I believe Vortech specifies using standard champion plugs. No platinum plugs, and to shorten the gap.

ozzman306

Established Member
What spark plugs are you using? Ar they gapped short? Can't remember off hand what it need to be but I thought it needed to be somewhere in the .030". I believe Vortech specifies using standard champion plugs. No platinum plugs, and to shorten the gap.

I have to look into that I have them gapped at 0.34 I believe that's what vortech recommends but I might have to check if they are platinums or not thanks for the tip!!!

ozzman306

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread