Supercharged 93 Cobra, what's it worth?

jrh99

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been w/o a mustang for a few years now, but I'm itching to pick up another. I've never owned a 5 liter and I'm thinking it's time.

I've got my eye on a 93 Cobra w/ just over 62K. Assuming it's in excellent condition what should I expect to pay for something like this? Here's the basic write up on it. Thanks for your help in advance!

· Vortech Supercharger installed 2,000 miles ago
· JETHOT COATED MAC 1 3/4" Long- Tube Headers with a custom DOCTOR GAS X-Pipe- starts at 3" ends at 2 1/2" with 40 series 2 1/2"- 2 chamber FLOWMASTER mufflers with 2 1/2" FLOWMASTER chrome tailpipes.
· Engine mods include E303 Cam, 42 lb injectors, 8O PRO-M Mass Air Meter, ANDERSON Ford Motorsport 392 external big fuel pump and in tank 255 Walbo fuel pump, full MSD 6BTM
· Before installing blower, heads were removed and FELTPRO Gaskets 9333, Custom studs, and ARP head studs, New Motorsport pushrods and lifters.
· Original Rear except for 373 gears were added with syntheic fluid
· Transmission is original with the exception of the KING COBRA clutch with Adj. clutch quadrant under the hood and MOTORSPORT Flywheel was installed about 3000 miles ago. Hurst shifter installed.
· After market white Faced gauges- Speedometer and Tach, 2 aftermarket Pillar twin gauge pod-holder with Autometer Fuel and Boost white faced gauges.
· Welded Motorsport Sub-Frame Connectors

Venomus93

Established Member
i would say in the 12-13k range. Thats what i paid for mine a few years ago, mine had 26k on the odometer though.

jrh99

Established Member
i would say in the 12-13k range. Thats what i paid for mine a few years ago, mine had 26k on the odometer though.

This guy is looking to get 16k, but he may be negotiable and/or cash may talk. It sure looks clean and well cared for, but I just wish the miles weren't so high already.
Did yours have similar work done at that price?

sled

Established Member
dam, that looks like that ad for my car when i bought it. mine had a paxton though. I paid 10k cash for mine with about the same miles.

jrh99

Established Member
Well, whether or not this car proves to be worth purchasing, I'm still on a hunt for one like it.
What should I expect (ballpark) in the way of dyno #'s and track times with mods like this?

jrh99

Established Member
400-420rwhp depending on Boost?

Here's what the guy claims: The car makes 10 lbs of boost. The supercharger has the stock #7 pulley and the stock 333 pulley.

But, with the additional stuff like the cam and whatever else he listed I'm a bit clueless. I've always had 4.6 liters and need you guys to tell me if he seems to be accurate or not. I was also told that it dyno'd 430 rwhp and 409 rwtq. Does that all sound like it adds up?

jrh99

Established Member
Well, he just emailed me a pic of a dyno sheet and it does show 430/409. I'd imagine this thing moves pretty nicely. I just may try to go for this one.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
93 Cobras are rare, but not impossibly to find. If you are going to spend that type of cash, be sure its 100% what you want. I'm talking exterior color, interior color, if you want it stock or modded, if you want a 20K garage queen, or a 80K mile car you can drive whenever, etc, ETC.

I waited it out, and couldn't be happier with mine. Teal, black cloth interior, no sunroof, no holes for license plates in the front bumper, 95% stock, and mid range mileage, so I really don't care if I put more miles on it...its a driver, not a garage queen.

jrh99

Established Member
Teal and Black... I always had a thing for the Teal color and I think the black interior looks the best.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Teal and Black... I always had a thing for the Teal color and I think the black interior looks the best.

IMO that is the best color combo. It is also the lowest production # of only 185 being made in that combo. For that reason, and assuming the ID tags are in place, I would expect to pay a little more than any other color combo w/ the same mods. I would say $14.5 is a steal.

Last edited:

laz2447

Established Member
I'd say its worth whatever your willing to pay for it. Mods would not matter into the price for me as I'm not a collector. Unless you are looking for a wrapper expect to pay anywhere from 12k-16k I would think. As long as the car is in good shape, looks and runs good get it!

+1 On the only thing that would bump that particular Cobras value is the Teal/Black combo, which means you should really consider picking this one up!

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
If the car is on the east coast and is clean with all vin tags in place and factory paint, its definately worth the 16G

jrh99

Established Member
I would have just assumed that VIN or ID tags would be in place if you guys didn't say anything. Is this a common issue with people trying to pass of fakes or what? What exactly should I look or ask for? Thanks for the heads up. He's got the numbered SVT certificate if that means anything regarding authenticity.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Clones may sometimes be an issue but my main concern would be accident. Just cause all the tags are there doesn't mean it wasn't in an accident or painted though. It is just one more thing to check to try to assure you are getting a clean straight and legit Cobra.

red95gts

Established Member
I waited it out, and couldn't be happier with mine. Teal, black cloth interior, no sunroof, no holes for license plates in the front bumper, 95% stock, and mid range mileage, so I really don't care if I put more miles on it...its a driver, not a garage queen.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I did the same and also couldn't be happier with my teal on black car....

Users who are viewing this thread