Supercharged 2009 V8 Explorer Sport For Sale - Price Reduced

GT500R

Established Member
Very unique car! I saw you posted above in June that you were writing articles on 0-60 or 1/4 mile performance. Are they published or can you share any track times?

Thank you.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They are not yet published. I actually got it out and mounted some cameras to it today for some more filming.

There probably won't be any track times.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Very unique car! I saw you posted above in June that you were writing articles on 0-60 or 1/4 mile performance. Are they published or can you share any track times?

Thank you.

If it's putting down 400 AWHP then I suspect it's a mid to high 12 sec truck with 0-60's in the low to mid 4 second range, based on similar power and weight coming out of first gen Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If it's putting down 400 AWHP then I suspect it's a mid to high 12 sec truck with 0-60's in the low to mid 4 second range, based on similar power and weight coming out of first gen Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's.

I'm pretty sure it's a good deal heavier than a Jeep. It has a fully boxed frame and IRS. Also, the shifts are not super fast and hard. It's tuned more to be a sporty DD with a healthy dose of PD Blower torque down low.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Actually the Explorer is lighter. Per what I looked up they are around 4400 - 4500 lbs... the Jeeps are 4800 - 4900. And the the transmissions in the first SRT products across the board left much to be desired but they probably were still more "sporty" than the Explorers. The Jeeps are also geared pretty steep which certainly helps their 0 -60. But you're still putting down more power than a factory Jeep and you potentially weigh 400 - 500 lbs less, so I still think performance-wise worst case scenario it's a high 12, maybe low 13, second vehicle. But if you've put it on track and know differently then I'm sure we'd all be curious to hear. The 0-60 might not be as strong as the Jeep due to gearing, which I did kind of forget about when I mentioned the numbers in my above post, but I'd still be willing to bet it's easily a 5.X 0-60 runner.

Cool and different regardless. Continued luck with the sale.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't taken it to the track, but if IIRC the 0-60 times are in the low 6's.

I don't know Jeep could manage to make the GC heavier than this thing. It has rear A/C and a 3rd row seats. Did Jeep just feel all the cavities in the uni-body with lead shot?

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Yeah, the Jeep's are no light weight. Not sure where the added weight comes from over and above the Explorer. I know they have some pretty serious axles on them with big ass brakes. The seats are heavy as hell as well and there might be a few extra pounds of infotainment equipment in there too. The 2nd gen JGC SRT's are even heavier... by 450 - 500 lbs. But dimensionally the new GC's are also larger.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Lowered the price to $21,000. I'm pretty firm there. I'm actually thinking about keeping it. If she's still around in May I think I'll start DD'ing her again and keep her for the long haul.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is awesome for you both. I'd been surprised it didn't sell sooner as it's a really nice Explorer. Mike, you're going to really enjoy it going forward. :)

escogt

Ford MOTORSPORT
Established Member
That is awesome for you both. I'd been surprised it didn't sell sooner as it's a really nice Explorer. Mike, you're going to really enjoy it going forward. :)
Thanks, Bob!!! I am really excited about finally getting her.

Users who are viewing this thread