Super Snake wheels question

Homer Jay

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a set of Super Snake wheels. Is anyone on here running them that is lowered with a 305 or 315 rear tire? If so, any issues or modifications required? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hourigan218

Established Member
I have the wheels, have the frpp lowering springs and have the Mpss 295 which is about the same as 305 nitto. I'll be running the toyo r888 in 315 and will have no fitment issues

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I want to run the 315 r888 next.

On the stock 20x10 rear rims? If so, the tires will stick out past the fenders due to a sidewall bulge which means if you're lowered, you have a better chance of the fender scraping on the the tire causing damage to the body of the car, or worse yet, blowing a tire.
I run 305 NT555R's on my 20x10's and the tire edge sticks out on either side of the car about 1/8".

paluka21

Established Member
The S.S. rear wheels are 11in.

Yours may be, but his are the stock 10" width. Makes quite a bit of difference with tire bulge. With a lowered car, I would be very hesitant to throw a 315 width tire on the 10" wide SS wheel, but that's just me.

Hourigan218

Established Member
Are your wheels real S.S. wheels? If so they are 11 inch if not then I cannot attest to the fitment of a 10 inch wheel with a 315 tire. I know the wheels on ebay that come from shelby are the real deal.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Are your wheels real S.S. wheels? If so they are 11 inch if not then I cannot attest to the fitment of a 10 inch wheel with a 315 tire. I know the wheels on ebay that come from shelby are the real deal.

Alcoa super snake wheels are not 20x11, unless you're referring to the "new" super snake wheels.

paluka21

Established Member
The wheels I purchased are genuine S.S. wheels. 20x9 (front) and 20x11 (rears)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. The "new" super snake wheels. Sorry, the original post does not state which super snake wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread