Super Snake stripes

Homer Jay

Established Member
I'm getting ready to purchase a Shelby Super Snake hood but I need advice on the stripes. Is anyone aware of a current manufacturer/seller of the stripe kits?

I have an excellent vinyl car wrap business that will make them custom it I am not sure of the overall dimensions. Can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the stripes are? Is it a 12" center stripe with 1/2" space and then 1" small stripes on each side of the center stripe?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The center stripe is 14 inches wide with 1 inch space on each side and the small stripes are 1 inch wide. I'm having some made for my car right now.

Kapy

Established Member
They also taper at the end so the distance between the stripes really isn't 1" constant to the edge of the hood or down the bumpers either. Might want to take that in consideration when having these cars striped as well. If you don't it will end up looking off.

Homer Jay

Established Member
They also taper at the end so the distance between the stripes really isn't 1" constant to the edge of the hood or down the bumpers either. Might want to take that in consideration when having these cars striped as well. If you don't it will end up looking off.

Anything to make it more difficult, lol.

Kapy

Established Member
Anything to make it more difficult, lol.

Well actually finding the OEM tape color will be difficult too, sorry. But I know this because I have gone down this road. I haven't re-striped my car but I was looking at a SS hood as well and then I decided to sideline the project just for this reason.

Homer Jay

Established Member
Well actually finding the OEM tape color will be difficult too, sorry. But I know this because I have gone down this road. I haven't re-striped my car but I was looking at a SS hood as well and then I decided to sideline the project just for this reason.

I have also decided to sideline the project for these reasons.

Imatk

Established Member
Yep I'm having the same issues as you guys.

I contacted Phoenix Graphix but not sure if they'll have the color that will match my stripes.

I also contacted the OEM supplier but haven't heard back from them either.

At this point I'm thinking of just re-striping the whole car so I will get a match and not have to worry with it anymore. Ridiculous that a little piece of vinyl is stopping me.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just having all my stripes replaced. It will still be red, but it will all be the same color red since the OEM red is a pain to match

Kapy

Established Member
Yep I'm having the same issues as you guys.

I contacted Phoenix Graphix but not sure if they'll have the color that will match my stripes.

I also contacted the OEM supplier but haven't heard back from them either.

At this point I'm thinking of just re-striping the whole car so I will get a match and not have to worry with it anymore. Ridiculous that a little piece of vinyl is stopping me.

Yeah you will not be able to match the OEM. I must have went through 50 or more swatches of colors with my vinyl guy. Some were close, but not exact.

Misfitdart

Yeah you will not be able to match the OEM. I must have went through 50 or more swatches of colors with my vinyl guy. Some were close, but not exact.
When I re-striped my grabber blue stripes I wasn't able to get an exact match so I just re-striped from the windshield to the chin spoiler, this way there is a large w/shield splitting the 2 variations. I have OCD and I'm not able to see the difference this way.

Imatk

Established Member
I heard back from the OEM supplier and they don't have any of the material left for the stripes.

I'm not sure if they truly don't have it or if they've been contracted to not sell to anyone but Ford (I'm guessing the latter) but in any case... back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread