Super Rare 1979 Cobra Vin#9F03F110024.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
It's actually not that weird, this guy has been trying to pump people up to trying to find it so that when he put it out on eBay like it is now he will get all sorts of action on it......but in reality is only making himself look bad.

Ford Mustang Cobra | eBay

There is quite a bit of talk going around the forums on what a shady seller he is, along with changing the mileage back on this 82GT as well. from 69k down to 29k

''Mint Cond 1982 Mustang GT 5 0 29K Orig Miles | eBay

Buyers beware!

Just wanted to give you guys some insight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also, it's about time you signed up here :burn:

Capriman86

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up.

Also, it's about time you signed up here :burn:

I always snoop....but not owning a SVT kept from signing up, but it shouldn't have since I like them. But then I saw this guy post on here too so I figured I would feed that info back. Thanks bud!

EDIT: Looks like you guys have already experienced some issues with him
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tim-everhart-buyer-beware-rip-off-artist.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tim-everhart-buyer-beware-rip-off-artist.html

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's actually not that weird, this guy has been trying to pump people up to trying to find it so that when he put it out on eBay like it is now he will get all sorts of action on it......but in reality is only making himself look bad.

Ford Mustang Cobra | eBay

There is quite a bit of talk going around the forums on what a shady seller he is, along with changing the mileage back on this 82GT as well. from 69k down to 29k

''Mint Cond 1982 Mustang GT 5 0 29K Orig Miles | eBay

Buyers beware!

Just wanted to give you guys some insight.

So in the description of the '82 GT it says his dad worked for Ford for 37 years, and he passed away years ago. In the "Cobra" description, it says his dad is very ill, and worked for Ford for 44 years. Based on those two very simple, but obvious lies, I would consider everything else said in his listings to also be lies.

Capriman86

Established Member
So in the description of the '82 GT it says his dad worked for Ford for 37 years, and he passed away years ago. In the "Cobra" description, it says his dad is very ill, and worked for Ford for 44 years. Based on those two very simple, but obvious lies, I would consider everything else said in his listings to also be lies.

It goes on and on, he has posted over on foureyedpride also and they have been tracing his every step.

Which is too bad really as that 82GT is a nice car and if he tried to sell it for what it was, a nice survivor it would have still done well, now he just tainted it and I feel bad for anyone not knowing what the history is to end up overpaying for his BS.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Dave, If you had really read and understood And bothered to copy and paste more of what I wrote, that was a hypothetical statement. The meaning was a "what if" and its certainly possible. I don't know that it is really true since I do not know the guy nor have I seen and inspected the car in question.

Now on the hypothetical, I sure would like to see some proof of this and see a bunch of you eat your comments. Do I need to make my statements and comments on here so simplistically obvious in their meaning from now on? I kind of thought that my audience had a better grasp of the written English language.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Capriman86

Established Member
whooopie and it was still slow with the 5.0 in it. wow what was it a whopping 160hp carb motor yawn...

Well....the 95 wasn't very impressive either with 215hp? if I recall, lol, but it appears you fixed that problem though :coolman:

I so need to update my motors....sigh....so slow....

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Well....the 95 wasn't very impressive either with 215hp? if I recall, lol, but it appears you fixed that problem though :coolman:

I so need to update my motors....sigh....so slow....

agreed , but im not saying my car is gonna be worth a ton of money either like the guy claimed, but a 95 5.0 roller motor and sn95 is worth more then a 79 with a 5.0 carb motor and yeah they were rated 215hp @ the crank but they were all the same 225hp @ the crank they just lowered hp rateing because 235-245hp @ the crank in the 5.0 cobra motors would sound even less of a diff so make the cobra look better, even though its more then that they were more like 285hp @ the crank for the cobras and 230 @ the crank for my year 5.0. a 93-95 cobra dynos around 220-230rwhp, which isnt 235-245 crank hp and I dynoed my car stock with just catback exaust and it put down 201rwhp, deff not 215hp... esp when a catback doesnt do much power diff, my year 5.0 autos dyno around 170-180rwhp and 5 speeds are around 180-200rwhp, which is a far cry from the 140-200hp @ the crank the old 5.0 carb motor would dyno ;) and yeah my car is far from stock now... lol :poke: so yes 160hp @ the crank WHOOOPIE! lol either way are 5.0 motors suck stock 200hp out of a 5.0 liter v8 :(

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
a 93-95 cobra dynos around 220-230rwhp

My '93 Cobras dyno'd between 210 and 220. And they had a couple little mods. Just sayin.

but a 95 5.0 roller motor and sn95 is worth more then a 79 with a 5.0 carb motor

As for value, I'd say a clean 79 5.0 would be worth as much as a clean '95 GT. I sold my '79 5.0 Pace Car for $5500 not long ago. Considering you can pick up decent 94-95 Cobras for the same money, I'd say it's a pretty good comparison.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
My '93 Cobras dyno'd between 210 and 220. And they had a couple little mods. Just sayin.

As for value, I'd say a clean 79 5.0 would be worth as much as a clean '95 GT. I sold my '79 5.0 Pace Car for $5500 not long ago. Considering you can pick up decent 94-95 Cobras for the same money, I'd say it's a pretty good comparison.

^and ive seen guys dyno bone stock 220rwhp. so I would say the regular cobras are underated @ there low rateing of 235-245hp @ the crank stock, dyno of 210-230rwhp stock is more like 275-285hp @ the crank. and my car rated @ 215-225hp stock and 285-302torque , yet my car stock with just a catback dynoed 201rwhp and 270rwtq. I would say thats more like 240-250 crank hp and more like 320tq stock. and my car when it only had intake exaust basic bolt ons its put down 226rwhp. so whats does a stock 79-85 mustang 5.0 dyno @ the rear wheels? thats all i was saying to some 1 in this thread... ...just sayin.:poke: either way there slow stock or basic bolt ons any year from 71-2004 lol

^ and a clean 95 gt like my with mods sells for $6-$10k, supercharged ones with mods like my sell for around 8-12k, 5500 is tops for a 79, 3-5k is basic price of a stock high miles gt, 1-4k for v6 car, and around 5-10k for a cobra, my car I payed $5,500 for it bone stock. with all I have into it and mods parts and labor around $25k. I would sell it for around $8-10k. so yes and no to what the other guy tryed to say and what you said

Last edited:

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
"The car appraised 6 years ago at 47,000 dollars because being one of one built by ford, but we just looked up classic car values and it says only 26,040."

"The first person that actually comes to see this car in person and drives will buy it on the spot I guarantee it."

:rollseyes

Last edited:

04SVTMystic