Super Metroid... arrrggghhhh

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Any super metroid fanatics in here? Ive been playing through this game (for the first time) on SNES the past couple weeks and I am beyond aggravated. Basically Ive been stuck in Norfair for over a week. Everyone praises this game as one of the greatest games of all time and I wont disagree but it seems like its the type of game where they dont even throw you a frickin bone. They just drop you in this confusing ass world where you have to get a certain thing to do something else, but you cant get that certain thing til you get something else, and you cant do that til youve done something else, and if you do it out of order or get ahead of yourself you're pretty much shit out of luck. Did anyone else have serious problems progressing through this game?

1hot281

Established Member
Any super metroid fanatics in here? Ive been playing through this game (for the first time) on SNES the past couple weeks and I am beyond aggravated. Basically Ive been stuck in Norfair for over a week. Everyone praises this game as one of the greatest games of all time and I wont disagree but it seems like its the type of game where they dont even throw you a frickin bone. They just drop you in this confusing ass world where you have to get a certain thing to do something else, but you cant get that certain thing til you get something else, and you cant do that til youve done something else, and if you do it out of order or get ahead of yourself you're pretty much shit out of luck. Did anyone else have serious problems progressing through this game?

Loved Super Metroid. My favorite installment in the series. I was really disappointed in the GameCube Metroid games...

Walkthrough - Super Metroid Wiki Guide - IGN

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I plan on getting my SNES out of storage soon. I missed out on a lot of the classic games when new, but the local comic shop has a great vintage games section.

rancid

Established Member
Loved that game to death during the SNES era. I beat it probably close to 10 times via speed runs and completion runs.

CowlHood

Established Member
Ahh yes back when games didn't hold your hand... Reason why i loved dark souls so much; have yet to play ds2 but i hear its great.

paynecasey

Established Member
If you like Super Metroid also try Castlevania SOTN. It was released on PS1.

IGN review 9.0

"All those things work together to create what is one of the finest 2D platforms game yet seen. It takes up the mantle of 16-bit classics like Super Metroid, Super Mario and - of course - other Castlevania games, and goes beyond the restrictions of cartridge memory to reach new heights of depth and quality gameplay. And if you cherish that over snazzy 3D graphics (and, to be honest, if you don't then you're missing the point of videogaming), buying this will make you happier than a pig in...er... po"

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member

IGN review 9.0

"All those things work together to create what is one of the finest 2D platforms game yet seen. It takes up the mantle of 16-bit classics like Super Metroid, Super Mario and - of course - other Castlevania games, and goes beyond the restrictions of cartridge memory to reach new heights of depth and quality gameplay. And if you cherish that over snazzy 3D graphics (and, to be honest, if you don't then you're missing the point of videogaming), buying this will make you happier than a pig in...er... po"

I never got into Super Metroid but SOTN is one of my favorites. If anyone has an XBOX its available for download in the game market.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ahhh yes, when games werent a cake in the park. LOVED Super Metroid along with the Mega Man games. I passed it when I was 12. I expected better from you O.P, its not the easiest game but its also not a ''I'm losing my mind" type of game either.

That world was pretty damn big, i loved upgrading the suit. My favorite enhancement was the super running one where it went thru everything. Memories….

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Ahhh yes, when games werent a cake in the park. LOVED Super Metroid along with the Mega Man games. I passed it when I was 12. I expected better from you O.P, its not the easiest game but its also not a ''I'm losing my mind" type of game either.

That world was pretty damn big, i loved upgrading the suit. My favorite enhancement was the super running one where it went thru everything. Memories….

im not stuck anymore but i was pulling my hair out when i made this thread lol. basically i couldnt find the speed booster which i needed to move forward. finally found it though. they definitely dont hold your hand at all in this game.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

IGN review 9.0

ill eventually get that one, ive heard its one of the best snes games.

Black0ut

Established Member
Metroid, Megaman and Zelda games were my life! If you want to go wayyyy back to the most legit 2d game ever: Crack out original NES and pop in StarTropics. Ahhh the memories. In this game there is code you need to enter when you get a certain part. The code was found in the manual (IIRC). It was hidden so you had to put water on it or something. I remember the code to this day :) Coolest game of mine and my brothers childhood.

GodStang

Established Member
Loved super metriod Actually be the game back in the day. I need to get the emulators and start playing again.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I played it on my tablet and got stuck deep into the game. Just gave up on it and never played it again. Hate it the double jumps into the walls.

Also gave up on the zelda link to the past game. Could never defeat the boss that looked like a centipede in the falling tile arena. Probably much easier using a real controller

bigmoose

Established Member
I played it on my tablet and got stuck deep into the game. Just gave up on it and never played it again. Hate it the double jumps into the walls.

Also gave up on the zelda link to the past game. Could never defeat the boss that looked like a centipede in the falling tile arena. Probably much easier using a real controller

Link to the past was nearly impossible. Only way I could beat it was with an emulator using the save/load function.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Super Metroid was my favorite game growing up. I enjoyed the GBA sequels and the Prime series as well but WTF is up with Other M? Team Ninja dropped the ball on that one.

Stang Lover

Established Member
This thread brought back memories I love Super Metroid. Those were when games were actually GOOD and not these spoon fed games these days.

Ahh yes back when games didn't hold your hand... Reason why i loved dark souls so much; have yet to play ds2 but i hear its great.

I love demon and dark souls. This is the only game in today's world that doesn't hold your hand and gives no F's when you screw up. Your gonna love DS2 I picked it up 2 days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread