Super hero and comic book based movies - am I the only one who does NOT care?

EB85

Established Member
Seriously, though. I never grew up reading comics, watching the shows, none of that. I sat through 1 X-Men movie and when Rogue never got naked I stopped caring other than about the $15 I spent to go in. And now it seems you can't go a week with another redux of Superman, Hulk, whoever else is out there. I just don't give two damns but some people seem they will die if they don't see them on the day they come out. The newest one I keep hearing about is this Suicide Squad crap and I fail to care. Am I the only one?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was never that big into comic books nor comic book based movies, but I do occasionally watch them IF the plot and actors interest me. For the most part, I'm disinterested. Suicide Squad will be one I'll pass for sure. That said, there are a ton of people here who do have a keen interest in comic based movies.

EB85

Established Member
I was never that big into comic books nor comic book based movies, but I do occasionally watch them IF the plot and actors interest me. For the most part, I'm disinterested. Suicide Squad will be one I'll pass for sure. That said, there are a ton of people here who do have a keen interest in comic based movies.

I've got no problems with people who enjoy them. Whatever floats your boat. If you grew up with them, have at it. I just sometimes think I'm the only one who has ZERO interest in them.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Comic books were alright growing up but I never read them outside of the barber shop. Hollywood is so god damned stale when it comes to new ideas so why not fall back and use what is available w/o much thought? I don't care two turds whether or not these movies are made or any for that matter. Yes, people act as if they will suddenly fall over and die, painfully, if they don't see these pictures but people act like that when it comes to sports, reality shows, etc..,

On a side note, I don't have any cares for professional sports and I'd laugh my balls off if these leagues suddenly went under. With that said, I enjoy watching 30 for 30 and I saw a newer one recently about the Orlando Magic. One part was shown during the nba draft when thousands of people sat in the Orlando arena and watched the draft on the big screen and booed and acted like morons when the first player drafted by the Magic was not whom they wanted. Movies are insignificant as are sports and so many other things but people act as if it's life or death.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Don't really care about them from a comic book standpoint. They're just good entertainment, and fun to watch.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm getting tired of them too. Not because I don't enjoy the genre but because they're all exactly the same. It's like watching the same show/movie over, and over, and over again. These days they all seem like advertisements for new movies.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Welcome to life OP. Some things you love and enjoy, others hate and are annoyed of it. Difference is some are more popular than others.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Hollywood has been pumping out garbage for a long while now. I am also tired of all these batman, superman, insert comic book character here movies. Catched deadpool on some torrent site and shut it down about 20 mins into it.

As long as teenagers keep buying those tickets, they will continue to pump them out.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Hollywood has been pumping out garbage for a long while now. I am also tired of all these batman, superman, insert comic book character here movies. Catched deadpool on some torrent site and shut it down about 20 mins into it.

As long as teenagers keep buying those tickets, they will continue to pump them out.
You do know its always been like that right? There are still a lot of good original movies out there like before. Only difference is the marketing isnt as strong as those superhero movies. Or are you the kind of the people who wont watch a those film's because you never heard of it on TV, etc?…...

EB85

Established Member
On a side note, I don't have any cares for professional sports and I'd laugh my balls off if these leagues suddenly went under. With that said, I enjoy watching 30 for 30 and I saw a newer one recently about the Orlando Magic. One part was shown during the nba draft when thousands of people sat in the Orlando arena and watched the draft on the big screen and booed and acted like morons when the first player drafted by the Magic was not whom they wanted. Movies are insignificant as are sports and so many other things but people act as if it's life or death.

The only form of sports I'll go out of my way to watch is racing in various forms. Yes, even NASCAR if nothing else is available but I prefer NHRA and F1 with the occasional tractor pull or Indy race. I will admit I don't mind seeing the Flyers or Phillies win but I won't be watching them. OTOH, I truly enjoy hearing that the Eagles or 76's lost again. Every other team, don't care.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Seriously, though. I never grew up reading comics, watching the shows, none of that. I sat through 1 X-Men movie and when Rogue never got naked I stopped caring other than about the $15 I spent to go in. And now it seems you can't go a week with another redux of Superman, Hulk, whoever else is out there. I just don't give two damns but some people seem they will die if they don't see them on the day they come out. The newest one I keep hearing about is this Suicide Squad crap and I fail to care. Am I the only one?

I think I see why you have relationship difficulties. Everyone loves the comics, man. Everyone.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So OP, you don't like comics, movies based on comics, or sports. Is there anything you DO like?
Going by his other thread, seems he likes chicks who take his money :uh oh:

All jokes aside, I know some people like that. Not into sports, cars, or comics. One is a music freak though. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread