Sunday Funday at the Strip

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congrats, but a lot more in it with getting that 60' down. Is the converter causing the bog at launch?

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Congrats, but a lot more in it with getting that 60' down. Is the converter causing the bog at launch?

Yea I was leaving off the foot brake and hand brake and it falls on its face right away after I let off. I think the stock converter is really holding it back.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yea I was leaving off the foot brake and hand brake and it falls on its face right away after I let off. I think the stock converter is really holding it back.

Might be better to just leave off idle with the stock converter in lieu of footbraking and handbrake. You could probably get into the high 1.5's, but Shaun could probably give you better input.

jleews6

Established Member
That MPH is impressive. I would try leaving a little above idle and flashing the converter. It might help a little/maybe not. A good converter will put you right in the 9s though.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
That MPH is impressive. I would try leaving a little above idle and flashing the converter. It might help a little/maybe not. A good converter will put you right in the 9s though.

I think gear will help it get off the line and also trap better. I cross the traps at ~6200 and with a gear change it could be closer to 7300. With a centri car, thats free power!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I think gear will help it get off the line and also trap better. I cross the traps at ~6200 and with a gear change it could be closer to 7300. With a centri car, thats free power!

His issue is not crossing the traps, but leaving the line. The car should be putting up much better 60' times than 1.7-1.8's and top end is fine. Have you contacted Shaun and/or sent him logs of the launch?

WIST2013GT

Established Member
His issue is not crossing the traps, but leaving the line. The car should be putting up much better 60' times than 1.7-1.8's and top end is fine. Have you contacted Shaun and/or sent him logs of the launch?

I did not send Shaun any logs from the track. I think the stock converter is just too tight.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
what’s your best 60’? i got my paxton 2015 A6/3.15’s stock converter to 1.62 60’ with a Lund tune and 11psi on a short tire

run a 275/40/17
drive around water completely this is very important
back into and roll out of water
5-7 second 2nd gear roast
creep to beams and BARELY trigger first
press brakes very, very firmly
let the lights go and other person leave
bring rpm up to 2000-2100 (yank ebrake if needed as this depends on prep)
and when you launch go down on throttle first instead of dumping brakes followed by throttle. this is important to lift brakes as your into the throttle, so immediately dump brakes to let the car lurch forward. this loads everything up for a split second so there is no recovery slouch after wot. DBW makes launching the stock converter a shit show but i got a handful 1.62-1.64 under my belt with it and the paxton and that method

Last edited:

WIST2013GT

Established Member
what’s your best 60’? i got my paxton 2015 A6/3.15’s stock converter to 1.62 60’ with a Lund tune and 11psi on a short tire

run a 275/40/17
drive around water completely this is very important
back into and roll out of water
5-7 second 2nd gear roast
creep to beams and BARELY trigger first
press brakes very, very firmly
let the lights go and other person leave
bring rpm up to 2000-2100 (yank ebrake if needed as this depends on prep)
and when you launch go down on throttle first instead of dumping brakes followed by throttle. this is important to lift brakes as your into the throttle, so immediately dump brakes to let the car lurch forward. this loads everything up for a split second so there is no recovery slouch after wot. DBW makes launching the stock converter a shit show but i got a handful 1.62-1.64 under my belt with it and the paxton and that method

I was loading the hand brake and foot brake for my best times. I was able to get a 1.74 on a 26" tire. I have full size 18 inch Saleen replica wheels up front that are really heavy. You can see that my car bobs a little on the hit in the video, Im assuming thats what you by recovery slouch? I will be going to a 3.55 gear in the spring with a 1 piece drive shaft and some skinnies and we will see if it goes a little faster.

Users who are viewing this thread