Summer project

Taz

Established Member
Just need to pick up a couple minor parts before I'm ready to dive into my summer project. You guys in the North lay up for the winter; we tend to lay up for the summer. It's too freakin' hot to do much of anything else.

Sooooo ... Here's what I've assembled so far:

new_project_1.jpg

new_project_2.jpg

That ought to keep me off the streets for a while. Mothers, you can rest easy for a few weeks. LOL

:lol1:

T-

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
NICE!!!!!

I have a lot of that stuff on my car right now. You are going to be spewing profanities as you install everything, but in the end it'll all be worth it. :beer:

Taz

Established Member
Uh-oh! I can already see it coming. If I answer this question someone will almost certainly jump in here and either (1) adopt the role of financial advisor to school me on how to spend my money and/or (2) hop up on the nearest soapbox to broadcast the economy and performance advantages of a solid rear end. (Do us all a favor, guys. Save it for another thread.)

Oh well, NGNG. The DSS Level 5's ran me $1600, but I also had to score a pair of '03 inner CV joints ('01 inner CV's won't work) to complete the axle assemblies. The inner CV's ran me $150, so $1750 total.

I'm sure I would have been just fine with the Level 2 halfshafts for $600 less, but I liked the notion of the larger outboard stubs that I could get with only the L5's.

8urvett

Established Member
Well I won't school you on money!:) I am the last person on this planet to tell anyone how to spend their money!! Although I think I have......hmmmm!:) Anyway I hope it all works out for you! It's gonna be a monster when she's done!!!

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
NICE!!!!!

I have a lot of that stuff on my car right now. You are going to be spewing profanities as you install everything, but in the end it'll all be worth it. :beer:
What he said... The job is very tedious.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
well well now...let me list what i see in those awesome pix..

-frpp clutch it
-dss halfhafts
-steeda front bumpersteer kit
-mm rear irs bumpsteer kit
-mm irs subframe bushings, lca bushings, uca bushings
-frpp gears (3.73? 4.10?)
-eaton/torsen diff
-spring isolators
-frpp tach adaptor

is that all? i couldnt name the rest...haha how close am i? :) awesome stuff dude

marek

SGL

Banned
Why are you using a tach adapter? A simple update of the chip will take care of the rear diff gear ratio. KB can probably do that for you.

By the way, I have the True Trac worm gear diff. I am disappointed in it's ability to deal with sharp turns effectively. It's not much better that the stock diff. The inside wheel spins quite easily. Hopefully your Torsen will be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
well well now...let me list what i see in those awesome pix..

-frpp clutch it
-dss halfhafts
-steeda front bumpersteer kit
-mm rear irs bumpsteer kit
-mm irs subframe bushings, lca bushings, uca bushings
-frpp gears (3.73? 4.10?)
-eaton/torsen diff
-spring isolators
-frpp tach adaptor

is that all? i couldnt name the rest...haha how close am i? :) awesome stuff dude

marek
Hey, Marek!

That's pretty good! You were correct on eveything you named. About all you forgot were the PHP pinion snubber, F/R diff housing bushings, and F/R swaybar bushings and end links.

I also picked up the MM bumpsteer and camber gauges, although I didn't include them with the parts photos.

serpentoir said:
Why are you using a tach adapter? A simple update of the chip will take care of the rear diff gear ratio. KB can probably do that for you.

By the way, I have the True Trac worm gear diff. I am disappointed in it's ability to deal with sharp turns effectively. It's not much better that the stock diff. The inside wheel spins quite easily. Hopefully your Torsen will be better.
I'm sure Ken Christley could make that change for me in the chip, but I'd rather have the capability of dialing up my own compensation for whatever changes I make to my gears and/or tire sizes.

Sorry to hear the True Trac isn't working out for you. Everything I read says the T2R is the pick for the road course/autox/street, so I thought I'd try one. A buddy of mine is going to be building up the complete rear end for me in a spare housing that he has, so I'll still have the stock rear, which I like very much, to swap back in if I'm not happy with the Torsen for some reason.

green99_svt said:
you will need to send that stuff to me for inspection
:lol1: :-D

T-

Taz

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
cool deal taz I will be doing a diff along with you very soon..LOL

what did you diff run?

I picked it up from TJ Motorsports for $580. MM sells the same T2R diff for something like $625.

T-

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
serpentnoir said:

hell i rebuilt the stock 28 spline gt trak lock with an extra clutch on each side and a truck spring...el cheapo, but never fails to unhook both tires from the pavement, turning or otherwise....

Users who are viewing this thread