Summer hot days and driving

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have no problem with it. part of dd'ing my terminator is that it's gotta be able to handle any workload.

i'll drive it in any weather except snow or hail. i'd never drive it in ice or snow because of the salt they lay down which would rust it out.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
i have no problem with it. part of dd'ing my terminator is that it's gotta be able to handle any workload.

i'll drive it in any weather except snow or hail. i'd never drive it in ice or snow because of the salt they lay down which would rust it out.
How long have you daily’d it?

LS WUT

Established Member
since brand new, now has 140k

bought another one in 2012, put 75k on that
Hell yeah brother I did the same haha. Well I was 11 when it came out, so not brand new for me. However as close as I could get. I enjoyed looking at it, and bought another cobra to daily.

LS WUT

Established Member
All in all, I’m with Todd. I’m not saying it hurts the cars. However with that being said, I don’t like to drive them in weather like that. That’s why they’re parked, and I’ll drive the GT500, or the hellcat for daily driving. I used to DD the black coupe. Put 18k miles on it in a year or so, now it’s the hellcats turn.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If it's too hot to have the windows down, I probably won't drive it.

When it comes to old blue, the process goes like this:
Open garage door
Get in car
Start car
Roll windows down
Enjoy

If I'm gonna be blasting the a/c, I'll take the truck. Car is a pleasure cruiser for me and not having the windows down cuts into the experience IMO.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I drive the piss out my Viper when it's hot. No worries :)

This weekend it'll be 100 with a heat index of 110-120, and the asphalt will be 160-180. Looking forward to it :)

jaxbusa

Established Member
I thought the weather was why people move to Tx. & Fla.,......not the case ???

No, too hot. Swamp ass 8-10 months out of the year. It’s not the sunshine state either. It usually rains every afternoon in the summer and with that you get extreme humidity. The best way I can describe it is going in a bathroom where someone is taking a long hot shower. The bugs are pretty bad too. I don’t know why people move to Florida. I guess they’ve messed up their area enough they just keep migrating.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

Hot weather is vert weather. I wonder why the hell someone even equipped it with AC.

I like windows down best in general. Best with the old post-less cars, even if it meant getting glued to the vinyl in hot weather.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Speaking of convertibles, I really like when it's 78 and sunny here in WI and some boob is driving around with the top up. I always assume they're waiting for more perfect weather. Derrrrrrrrr

coremaster21

Established Member
I am the same way, I will sit suffering and sweating before turning on the A/C in my cobra. I honestly don't know why, just like having it running the coolest and best at all times. I am a huge advocate for having a cheap reliable daily and a nice weather weekend car. Women on the other hand do not think this way lol.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I went out last at midnight… forgot to take trash out.

… and started sweating cause it was so ****ing hot

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It was still a heat index of 100 degrees at 10pm last night

Yeah I’m in Longview and we haven’t had rain in ****ing forever so it’s just brutal hot .. and tomorrow I’ll be in Lafayette near the swamps. It’s going to suck so ****ing bad lol

MG0h3

Established Member
Left a thermometer in my shitbox when I was repairing the AC.

140* in the car and I left the rear window down since last night.

Hate this time of year except when I’m at the beach

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

This weekend it'll be 100 with a heat index of 110-120, and the asphalt will be 160-180. Looking forward to it :)
It was a ****ing nightmare last weekend.

I didn't check the temp on Saturday but it was probably close to 100, on Sunday it was 104.

I'm fighting an issue where it's pressurizing the tank and blowing the fuel out, it's getting back into the car. The entire interior is covered in spots from fuel splashing everywhere. Hella dangerous.

I put my fuel jugs into the camper with the AC cranked and had the back end of the car covered to keep the sun off of it. It makes it like 3 laps before it happens again.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was a ****ing nightmare last weekend.

I didn't check the temp on Saturday but it was probably close to 100, on Sunday it was 104.

I'm fighting an issue where it's pressurizing the tank and blowing the fuel out, it's getting back into the car. The entire interior is covered in spots from fuel splashing everywhere. Hella dangerous.

I put my fuel jugs into the camper with the AC cranked and had the back end of the car covered to keep the sun off of it. It makes it like 3 laps before it happens again.

That's really odd and scary.

Where is it blowing the fuel out of?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Left a thermometer in my shitbox when I was repairing the AC.

140* in the car and I left the rear window down since last night.

Hate this time of year except when I’m at the beach

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I’m with you, I hate this time of year. This is the most brutal summer so far that I can remember in quite some time though

Users who are viewing this thread