sum beach! cobra spotted

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Don't know if anyone posted this long time ago, I've never watched the video but there's an 03/04 redfire convertible in the first part. (04 I think, drivers door lock cylinder is chrome.) Blake got the road rage attitude part right but foreign car?? Casted wrong.
[youtube_browser]/JTT2LEyjdC4[/youtube_browser]

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I noticed that a couple of years ago. I guess the 03-04 Cobra were so awesome back in the their hay day that people mistook them for a nicer foreign car. :lol1:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Yeah it's been posted up a few times... Still pretty annoying that an American country singer was stupid enough to let that one get by...

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
it does look like Elliott Sadler. This should be around the time he was driving for a Ford team, so that would make sense.

The line should have been something like "some sports car dude"

97StangSVT

Established Member
What's funny is that the rest of the stuff he sings about takes place in the video. (ex. Mercedes-Benz, old truck, waiting forever at the dentist, needle, etc). How could the person in charge of obtaining vehicles for the video get it so wrong? :bash:

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
What's funny is that the rest of the stuff he sings about takes place in the video. (ex. Mercedes-Benz, old truck, waiting forever at the dentist, needle, etc). How could the person in charge of obtaining vehicles for the video get it so wrong? :bash:

I think he might be trolling... :shrug:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
First off, that termintor looked almost stock I have no idea why people take the running horse off, atleast put a cobra emblem to make identifiable. Thats totally opposite from foreign.

CobraHuck

Established Member
That is Elliot Salder in the Cobra, he's also in Blakes video Ol' Red. Lol y'all are reading too much into it, the song was written first and then the video was put together so they couldn't change the song and that was lonngggggg before Blake had enough fame/pull/popularity to have any influence on the video. That was all the producer/record label manager deal. Still cool they used a Termi tho

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember that video. Always nice to see a Terminator take front stage. :)

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Hell, they got a thread started here because of it, so I'm sure it's been noticed and discussed other places as well; seems to me to have worked well getting/keeping the royalties coming in, no?

Users who are viewing this thread