Suggestions on Chem Guys products for brand new car.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Im sure this topic has been pretty beat to death, but looking for some advice. My new ST should be in in a few weeks, and Id like to protect the paint before winter gets bad up here. I really dont want to go too nuts polishing out a brand new car, but was thinking a wash, clay(light duty, or possibly their "clay mitt"?), a sealer(maybe their factory paint sealant, m-seal micro finish, or extreme depth liquid carnuba creme wax+x-seal?) followed by their V7 spray. They have too many damn products lol, and not using any of them before Im kind of at a loss as to what works best. Car is white fwiw as well. Thanks ahead of time fellas :beer:

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
they have so many product its rediculous. lol I don't see how one can choose.

I love every product I have tried from them so far.

I dunno about winter protection but on my mustang i have clayed, used M205 on a light cutting pad, CG Mirror-finish glaze, CG extreme top-coat sealant wax. and since i don't drive it saily i do is wipe it down with CG H07 detail spray sealant combo. Love the H07 detail spray. even now 6 months after i waxed it, once i wipe it down with H07 it is smooth as silk.

I plan on using the same glaze and wax on my focus ST one of these days...lol almost 10k miles on it and I haven't waxed it once.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0618_zps0f4a93da.jpg

Medium Clay Bar would be fine. Im doing my DD truck now. Im NO EXPERT but this combo works, could easily do your car in one full day. You could also probubly go striaght to the V38 and work your way to the V07

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

Was looking at their blacklight product as well, but wasn't sure it was worth it on a white car or not..as is I think i have about $150 in my cart :lol:

Electrokid

Established Member
IMG_0618_zps0f4a93da.jpg

Medium Clay Bar would be fine. Im doing my DD truck now. Im NO EXPERT but this combo works, could easily do your car in one full day. You could also probubly go striaght to the V38 and work your way to the V07

This would be my exact choice as well for a winter prep. I have done about 6 customer's cars so far with this combo (though replacing the V-polishes with M205/101). Jetseal 109 is awesome

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
^ dang, so I am doing something right I guess lol. Ya hey OP, the intial hit to the wallet will suck. But this stuff will last you a long time especially with only one car.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
This would be my exact choice as well for a winter prep. I have done about 6 customer's cars so far with this combo (though replacing the V-polishes with M205/101). Jetseal 109 is awesome

Ok cool. Would you use the blacklight or skip over that on a new white car?

infidel0910

Established Member
Same products as suggested by airassault. Plus their 50/50 carnauba wax. Wash with citrus wash and gloss( two bucket with grit guards and foam gun), air dry with electric leaf blower, light duty clay bar, v34,v36,v38, black light x2 coats, jetseal109 x2 coats, 50/50 x 2 coats, touch up with V7, on my black 03.
Can't share pics from tapatalk for some techie reason.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
For a white car I would use something more like EZ Creme Glaze II. Save the Blacklight for darker coloured cars.

Awesome! The glaze would be done before the jetseal109 correct? I know years back some detailing buddies told me sealer typically goes on first before everything..but looking at CG's site it looks like the glaze is the first step.

Electrokid

Established Member
Awesome! The glaze would be done before the jetseal109 correct? I know years back some detailing buddies told me sealer typically goes on first before everything..but looking at CG's site it looks like the glaze is the first step.

Correct.
Polish-glaze-seal-wax

Users who are viewing this thread