Suggestions for seat belt issue

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I was cleaning the interior of my 03 terminator and just noticed this on the passenger seat belt, have no idea how this got here or how long it's been here. I'm thinking it was here from the previous owner as I rarely have a passenger with me. Car only has 12,xxx miles on her. It's approx a 1-1.5 inch tear/slit in it. Any suggestions?

FB51BCE8-CA40-458E-B3B0-D62B6F27834E_zpsop1xsqfw.gif

6456337A-8B8D-4079-B160-A39530C46969_zpsae3wpaor.gif

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
You just need to replace the assembly. Since you have such low milles/kilometers and a less common vert I would try to get directly from a dealer. It will be hard to find a salvaged vert that isn't trashed due to the elements when the top gets damaged or they part them out. You could look for one out of a GT too. Same color. Since it is the passenger side maybe you'll luck out and find one that had limited use.

I wrapped 03 material on my 91 so you could re-wrap the mechanism with the material if you can find a match.

SV

Last edited:

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
You just need to replace the assembly. Since you have such low milles/kilometers and a less common vert I would try to get directly from a dealer. It will be hard to find a salvaged vert that isn't trashed due to the elements when the top gets damaged or they part them out. You could look for one out of a GT too. Same color. Since it is the passenger side maybe you'll luck out and find one that had limited use.

I wrapped 03 material on my 91 so you could re-wrap the mechanism with the material if you can find a match.

SV

I wonder what the hell caused that. Thanks for the info SV!

Users who are viewing this thread