Subframes

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
From what i've heard the 99-current stangs are quite a bit stiffer than the good old fox bodies,.............. but what do i know??:rollseyes

I guess it couldn't hurt, isn't stiffer usually better?? :D

Darryl

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by James M. Foster
My 83 GT had cracked floor pan at driver seat mounting bolts, will subframes stop this on my 03 or is this not a concern?

It certainly should help. I have MM subframes and part of the kit are brackets the bolt into the the seat bolts to lens more support to the are you are referring to. :thumbsup:

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
From what i've heard the 99-current stangs are quite a bit stiffer than the good old fox bodies

That may be true, but the 2001 convertible I had would still quiver like a bowl full of jell-o when I drove it over uneven pavement...

SFCs are a MUST if you have a convertible, and probably worth having even with a coupe.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
They have reinforced that area over the years, and they crack alot less now. But the drivers seat in the 03 weighs over 60 lbs plus what the driver weighs. So who knows, it may start to crack if you drive hard. The seat mount connectors on the subframes will transmit alot more vibrations to the seats since you are tying your seat directly to the subframes of the car.

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
The seat mount connectors on the subframes will transmit alot more vibrations to the seats since you are tying your seat directly to the subframes of the car.

I had Global West full length SFCs with the seat mount pieces in my '98 GT convertible and never noticed an increase in vibration. Of course, having my car corner flat as a rocket sled on rails might have distracted me... :)

Blackcobra

Established Member
I would recommend the Kenny Brown chassis kit you can buy pretty cheap that includes three nice parts: subframes, lower chassis brace, and strut tower brace. All can be found on their 03 Cobra page.

Users who are viewing this thread