Subframes and Side exhaust

scothew_gt

Established Member
Here is what I would like to do, I have magnaflows already welded into the stock cat-back on my 96 cobra. I am going to move towards a o/r X setup eventually (possibly LT's and o/r x). I want to have some custom exhaust work done that has tips similar to THESE coming out right before the rear wheels.

Are there any subframes that would work with this application or am i going to be up against a major fabrication issue? Also what about ground clearence? Right now the car seems to be lowered quite a bit, maybe "C" springs or something. They were on it when I bought the car.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Established Member
Those tips would look great coming out the side.
There are problems with clearace, I have been looking
into a side exhaust also. From what I have heard
you can use Roush sub-frames with there side-pipes
but I don't know about other side pipes. Take a look
at Steeda's side kit for 99-03. I called them up and
they said it can be used on 96-98 Cobra's if you
modify the hangers.(cost 749.00)Its stainless steel
and looks very nice.

Peter:thumbsup:

scothew_gt

Established Member
Since I already have magnaflows welded into my stock catback, I was going to have my exhaust guy make me custom pipes out of the mufflers and come out the side. I just need to find some subframes that will work with my application....

cobra-boss

Established Member
kenny brown also sells the matrix system for use with side exhaust. It is listed for the 00 R. spintech a set of conectors that have a notch cut out of them the pipe to go through.

sibs4972

Established Member
Steeda has what they call 'economy' subframes that would definitely leave enough clearance also.

scothew_gt

Established Member
Talked with Mike from Kenny Brown. He quoted me 365 for their double cross subframes, extreme matrix kit, and jacking rails that will all work with a side exhaust setup. I think this is the way I will be going when i get ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread