Subaru wrx for a daily

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ask yourself, do you want it to be a commuter car? Or do you want it to serve multi purposes?

laying down 30-40k (assuming) to save gas is just not smart. I would keep the Ranger. (Pun intended)

think about ROI

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Ask yourself, do you want it to be a commuter car? Or do you want it to serve multi purposes?

laying down 30-40k (assuming) to save gas is just not smart. I would keep the Ranger. (Pun intended)

think about ROI
No it's not just to save on gas, something fun that isn't terrible on gas. I'm keeping the Ranger I've had it since new in 03, when you own a house you can always use a truck at times. It's been a great just the regular things you need to replace according to the mileage.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
It definitely is a good value. It’s a fun car even stock. It just runs out of steam on the top end. The FA20DIT is way ahead of the older boxer engines. It handles like a go cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wouldnt a Legacy be a better fit? Practically a WRX but with a nicer cabin.

I love my wife's lil ATS, was bought for 20~k about 3 years ago. With just a tune on E-85 mix it made around 320/350. Easily gets 30 mpg on hwy.

Im sure a Fiesta ST or Focus ST would be great lil cars as well.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Wife had a WRX as her daily. In California on the highways it was a blast. Moved to the city in Denver and it S-U-C-K-E-D. Zero low end torque was not fun on streets with stop signs every other block. The super short wheelbase was awful on bumpy city streets.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wife had a WRX as her daily. In California on the highways it was a blast. Moved to the city in Denver and it S-U-C-K-E-D. Zero low end torque was not fun on streets with stop signs every other block. The super short wheelbase was awful on bumpy city streets.
If the WRX was bad in Denver, can't imagine an N/A car over there.

Users who are viewing this thread