Stupid Zo6'er.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was at a car show today that offered a free Dyno pull, and there was a guy there with a "Z06". It was very convencing, and he was a real schmuck. Worse than most Vette owners. Even vette owners were calling him an assclown.
Anyway he had a lot of people fooled, because when he did his pull on the "Mustang Dyno" he got a wopping 274hp...Baw haw haw. Everone was laughing that new what was going on. This guy was true domestic rice. He had taken the time to make his car look exactly like a Z06 badges engine compartment ..everything...But you can't hide from the Dyno.

My father-in-law has a WS6 T/A, and only has a muffler, Lid, K&N, and a predator programmer and he put down 280hp. Ahw haw. Stupid ZO6 Wanna-be.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Oh yeah.. He also told everyone it was a ZO6.

Last edited:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
My last experience wasn't too long ago... on my way to work, riding up the street...lo, and behold, a red GEN 1 Lightning ahead of me. I creeped up on him from behind, looked over the LIGHTNING sticker on the tailgate, then passed on the left. We had our windows down....he waved, looking at my '03 'Bolt, and I was just about to do the same when I spied the damned COBRA badge on his truck's front quarter panel:nonono:

For the life of me, I just don't unnerstannit!....:shrug:

NBMss346

Established Member
If it WAS a C5 and all he was putting down was 274? My God, that's 76 HP lost through the drivetrain. 22% drivetrain loss in a manual car? Ugh... Either way, what a tool.

[quote/]You should have been able to tell if it was truely a Z06 or not by the back window.[/quote]

While it's true that all Z06's are hard tops, there were also quite a few run-o-the-mill C5's with hardtops. (Very steep back glass, not a fastback)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
You should have been able to tell if it was truely a Z06 or not by the back window.

Actually, pre 2001 hardtops have the same rear window as the Z06, so if he had a hard top, it would have been hard to tell.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by NBMss346
If it WAS a C5 and all he was putting down was 274? My God, that's 76 HP lost through the drivetrain. 22% drivetrain loss in a manual car? Ugh... Either way, what a tool.

[quote/]You should have been able to tell if it was truely a Z06 or not by the back window.

While it's true that all Z06's are hard tops, there were also quite a few run-o-the-mill C5's with hardtops. (Very steep back glass, not a fastback)
[/QUOTE]

This was on a mustang Dyno, keep that in mind...but a Zo6 should be putting down close to 300 on it anyway.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by Domeskilla
easiest way to tell is by the brake cooler holes in the lower portion by the door.

I've seen plenty of guys take 99/00 FRC's and do a complete "Z06 makeover." Including the brake cooling ducts on the side. It's pretty pathetic. I've seen lots of people make fake Cobras, Saleens, etc too. Also pathetic. The money could have been used to make the car faster, if anything. Oh well, there are plenty of dumbasses in the world to keep us entertained.

Hellspawn

Established Member
now, assuming he knew his car was NOT a z06, why the hell would he put his car on the dyno with people watching after telling them that it WAS a zo6?

Did he have downs syndrome by chance?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Hellspawn
now, assuming he knew his car was NOT a z06, why the hell would he put his car on the dyno with people watching after telling them that it WAS a zo6?

Did he have downs syndrome by chance?

That is why I called him stupid..

He had done some modding to his car, and thought maybe..I guess that it would pull similar numbers....Wrong.

The car looked exactly like a Z06. I found out from someone who knew him that it was a wrecked C-5, and he restored it with all Z06 parts (looks only of course) so their was no way to tell by looking at it, and I was not going to go looking for casting numbers on the block and heads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread