Stupid nitrous question: Dry nitrous and GT500

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just wondering if a 75-100 of N20 in the blower elbow would be ok as a dry shot with a full return fuel system and nitrous tune? Thanks

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Maybe? nitrus is always risky on stock pistons. In theory you totally could but better be safe than sorry and go wet shot with a plate kit. May be slightly more expensive but it's not as expensive as an engine rebuild for a hole in the piston or a grenaded engine. That's just my personal opinion but you can always just send it for a glory pull or two and hope for the best.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Maybe? nitrus is always risky on stock pistons. In theory you totally could but better be safe than sorry and go wet shot with a plate kit. May be slightly more expensive but it's not as expensive as an engine rebuild for a hole in the piston or a grenaded engine. That's just my personal opinion but you can always just send it for a glory pull or two and hope for the best.
Agree with that on typical stock engines. I failed to mention that this is for after I pull the engine and replace the rods. The pistons in the 2011-2012 GT500s are forged Mahle units and accordin to Mahle good to about 1000.

I was wondering more on the idea of an upgraded fuel system (Twin Hellcat Wahlbro pumps, Fore Return system, ID1300x) could support the extra fuel at WOT to get the AFR safe for nitrous.

I gotta do my upgrades piece by piece; fmaily with one little girl and working on #2. Ultimate goal is to get a Whipple 3.0L but that will be the last piece of the puzzle for me.

Users who are viewing this thread