Stumble when starting hot

Chipofsc

Established Member
My cobra is hard to start when hot. Starts good cold but sounds like it's flooded when it gets hot. Runs good after it starts. It don't do it all the time. I do have GT pumps without check values. I was told this was the problem but why only when it's hot. And why not all the time. Any ideas.

Chipofsc

Established Member
Someone said I should prime the pumps before starting by turning the key on. My pumps run for one second and turn off. I've done it three times then started the engine. Same results. Can the pumps be programmed to run longer like maybe three seconds.

cj428mach

Established Member
Try playing with the accelerator pedal while starting. If it starts easier then its probably getting too much fuel when warm as you're adding extra air by hitting the pedal. If you mash the pedal it'll shut off the injectors and you won't start at all.

bigmoose

Established Member
The rails do get hot being sandwiched between the blower and the head. I wonder if the fuel is vaporizing in the rail causing a funky hoy start. Since you don't have check valves to hold the pressure it lowers the boiling point of gas.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Sounds like the coil packs might be getting weak if it happens only when it's hot.

Users who are viewing this thread