stuff to do in phoenix...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
ok, me and a lady friend of mine will be taking a roadtrip up to phoenix this next saturday (we're from cali). We will be going to dodgers/dbacks game at night!! can you phoenix guys give me ideas of fun things to do, interesting places to see during the day?

thanks...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
probably scenic stuff, it will be during the daytime that I need to find something to do... btw, i'm like an hour north of SLO :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
So your somewhere pass Paso Robles? I miss the Cental Coast. I use to own a Liquor store in Morro Bay. I actually bought my Cobra from Atascadero Ford.

During the day out here I'll have to see whats to do. How long are you staying for?

Last edited:

Sweetlu60

AZ Bondostang
Established Member
I would recommend driving out east of Phoenix near a town called Superior and visiting the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. They have a nice walking trail and a lot of the flowers should still be in bloom. This is about an 80 min drive from downtown Phoenix. This weekend is the Arizona Triatholon in Tempe. Not sure of the route, but it is scheduled to run from 7:00am to 5:30pm.

Try the Phoenix Zoo, The Phoenix Botanical Gardens, or the Heard Mueseum of Native American Arts.

There will be a car show at All Mustang Performance on Saturday. Look 'em up on the web.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
Yeah, im actually from the king city area. I'll be driving up on friday and coming back sunday, short roadtrip. thanks for the suggestions, i will try and check some of those out...

wti01bullitt

Established Member
All mustang is having a show this Saturday or next Sat.? Also you could try hiking up Squaw Peak in the morning so you can see just how big Phoenix is. Just don't go after it gets hot.

Sweetlu60

AZ Bondostang
Established Member
Squaw Peak is now Piestawa Peak, and is at 32nd St. and Lincoln in Phoenix. You can probably look at the City of Phoenix parks and rec page as it is a City Mountain Park.

HDSupercrewf150: I will be at AMP on Saturday as long as I have got the day right. Not sure which car show is on Sunday though. I will be bringing my Cobra, to much of a pain to bring the BondoStang, not to mention, she is not very purdy.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
If you are into cars, visit the Penske Museum in North Scottsdale. If you are into shopping at Western tourist types of places, visit the shops in Central Scottsdale at Indian School and Scottsdale Road. Enjoy!

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
ha, i went to the central park mall yesterday, and what do i luckily run into? Muscle / hotrod car show! lots of stangs, nice! did anyone else go? oh yeah, I saw my DODGERS beat the Dbacks!! AWESOME GAME!!!

Users who are viewing this thread