Studying for TSgt...dying a little more each day.

OU812

Established Member
No shit! Everything puts me to sleep. I'm going to NCOA soon, so hopefully they can keep me awake. My promotion depends on it :banana:.

I'm still dreading the day I have to go to NCOA! I was supposed to go in March but the flightline guys are short on 7-levels so I've been covering TDYs for them, I got lucky and I'm going to Thailand instead....lol

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I'm still dreading the day I have to go to NCOA! I was supposed to go in March but the flightline guys are short on 7-levels so I've been covering TDYs for them, I got lucky and I'm going to Thailand instead....lol

I can't push back any further as I will be putting on MSgt 2 days after my class is scheduled to graduate. I don't care to do some of the BS crap that virtually nobody cares about.

stangaholic280

Established Member
If I hear something I typically remember it. Reading things tho, unless its car related or something that interests me.. I'll forget in a day. haha

Even cdc's I had to sit there and remember answers for the multiple choice ones. Didn't even read half the questions.

The way I see it...it can only help. Plus you can get all the MP3's for free, so might as well give it a shot. The lady gets boring as shit though. I tried to play it while doing other things and just found myself zoning her out. LOL.

Lots of good PDG stuff here!:beer:

LDC2335

Established Member
I have a great idea, how about you study like 3000 questions worth of material, and we'll ask 100. FML

I wish it was like college. Study a chapter take a test. Not take a test on the ENTIRE Air Force and then another on your ENTIRE job whether you worked with it or not.

Im sure other AFSC's are like this too. But I'm Ammo. Every base has a different mission/aircraft etc. And therefore different ammo.

Im a visual learner. You want me to memorize(without ever touching them) bullets, flare, chaff, support equipment, adapters, racks, bombs, missiles, fuzes, fins, heads, and what type of head does what, and what test kit to test each. The list goes on and on of stuff to memorize and that doesnt include all the politics of it. But we get preached to everyday to not memorize tech orders.

How about someone watch me do my job, check my EPR's and then deem me worthy to promote. Then the Air force would be ran by hard working men and women who can actually do their job and have earned their place.

Ok, done venting, off to fall asleep to the very slow reading PDG mp3's

Disclaimer: I'm not saying all who make rank early are undeserving or are not hard workers.

Last edited:

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
I know your pain. I was studying for TSgt during inspection prep and also during our inspection. 14 hour days Plus 2 hours of study sucked! But it pays off when you see your name on that list. I test for MSgt next year and I am going all out for it.

stangaholic280

Established Member
very true.

I guess there is no way around testing unless they just gave you rank by time in service like SrA.

This method wouldn't work either. I know some SSgt/TSgts who have been around for 18-20 years and good god it would be scary if they were Seniors and Chiefs. Some people don't make rank because they shouldn't!

Not saying the current system is the best, but I think the AF is doing a decent job with what they have to work with. Perhaps in time the system will be improved.

LDC2335

Established Member
Got a real PDG today. So much better than reading on my tablet or comp. Just easier on the eyes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
I started studying about a month out from when i tested. Man i still feel like i crammed alot but when i tested on the 14th of Feb i felt i did ok. Doubt i will see my name on the list but we will see i guess. Good luck to you all!

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Heh, I'm on day 2 of NCOA at Lackland and one of my former MTI's is my instructor. He's a little cooler now, but has some funny stories. The new course seems a bit tough, but as long as I promote on 1 May, it'll be worth it!

OU812

Established Member
Got a real PDG today. So much better than reading on my tablet or comp. Just easier on the eyes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Be careful with those new PDGs!! We've counted 25 so far in our squadron that's missing like 30 pages or so. They just sent a mass e-mail out to the base about it, not sure what's going to come of it.

LDC- Where's your follow-on assignment?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Be careful with those new PDGs!! We've counted 25 so far in our squadron that's missing like 30 pages or so. They just sent a mass e-mail out to the base about it, not sure what's going to come of it.

WTF?! Same 30 pages or is it random?

LDC2335

Established Member

Eglin! I did 6 years at hurlburt, so I'm familiar with the area since it's right down the road. Very excited.

Sent from my htc EVO using tapatalk

OU812

Established Member
WTF?! Same 30 pages or is it random?

So far it has been the same 30 or so pages for everybody. It looks like the machine just didn't print the pages or something. Just go through your book and make sure all the pages are there in order.

Eglin! I did 6 years at hurlburt, so I'm familiar with the area since it's right down the road. Very excited.

Sent from my htc EVO using tapatalk

I'd love to go down there, actually anywhere back in the southeast. I really want to go back to Charleston though, I almost considered doing a Korea tour just to get a follow on there but I've been in Japan and away from my daughter for almost 3 years now and I'm ready to go!

Users who are viewing this thread