Stuck in 3rd Gear...... No Wrench Light-No Limp Mode.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So yesterday I was cruising down the hi way minding my own business when a BMW H4 (1000rr) pulled up along side of me and wanted to play.....

Sounded fun.....:D I love smashing street bikes lol. So, I shifted down the 2nd gear and we went from about 55 mph to 130 and he lost. Not by much, maybe 3-4 car lengths but after that I could not get out of 3rd gear tho I shifted into 4th and 5th gear so IDN how I ended back up in 3rd gear stuck. Could not go into OD or switch back to Sport mode.

Like most MC riders he was shocked that I beat him as he was shaking his head lol. This was on 93 octane not E85. On E85 it would have been bus lengths lol.

When I came to a stop on the hi way due to traffic it was still in 3rd gear. So I drove like that for a few miles then got off my exit and came to a stop at the red light. I drove forward and it started shifting gears again normally and was able to go back to OD or Sport mode.

It never went into "Limp" mode, meaning no Wrench light. Anyone have a clue as to what might have happen? I may have hit the rev limiter going from 2nd-3rd. Thats the only thing I can think of but I would assume the wrench light would come on.

Any opinions?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would chock it up as a fluke or the combination of you having it in manual mode and banging the limiter. My manual mode has done a few weird things in the past so I only use it when I start a roll race, as soon as we are off I slide it back into drive and let the computer do its thing.

At the strip I usually put the car in manual mode for my burnouts. One time I left the car in first gear and launched the car like this. It obviously banged the limiter so I immediately put the car back into drive. After this it was stuck in first gear for about half the track before the car shifted.... similar experience to your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread